Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington enfield

Old 02-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default remington enfield

hi,
my dad handed his Remington enfield 30-06 down to me and I honestly know nothing about it. I'm interested if anybody could tell me when it was made. the scope is right on top of the serial number and all that information. and the gun is allredy sighted in so i'm afraid to take the scope off. also I know it all kinda depends on whos shootin it but is there a certain grain bullet that would be best to use. im trying to decide between 165 & 180 for whitetail. any help is greatly appreciated. I included some pics of the gun.
Attached Thumbnails remington enfield-snapshot_20140210.jpg   remington enfield-snapshot_20140210_1.jpg  
Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know anything about them either, but it sure does look like a sporterized military action. As for what bullets to use, the ones you mention will work fine assuming we are talking typical controlled expansion hunting bullets. Won't matter a bit if you are shooting out to 100 yds. If you are likely to shoot farther, the gun will have to tell you which it likes best. In a 30/06 anything from a 150 - 180 gr bullet will be fine for deer.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, one more thing, could be serious. The bolt handle looks to be installed upside down, because its coming out of the wrong side of the action!