Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

1st post & first shotgun??

Old 01-18-2014, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Quality slipping" is a judgment comparing quality at one point and comparing it to quality at a later point. I understand your point of view concerning the validity of your judgment, and do not want to continue this but please compare apples with apples.

Did you own an older Express and find the quality better than a newer Express? Did you have an older Wingmaster and find the quality better than a newer Wingmaster? It is not a valid comparison to compare a Wingmaster to an Express in terms of finish or wood.

In this matter our positions and opinions are clear and unchanged. We disagree on some, but not all, things. No big deal.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
if I read it right the Charles Daily is a Side x Side? If you don't care for it, sell it and get a deer barrel for the 500 or 870!!!! All problems solved!!!!
The Daly is semi auto... probably good for duck?? What would be considered a deer barrel?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Agreed, no big deal. And I am comparing my current Rems to a couple inherited rifles, that are much older, so maybe not a relevant comparison. So, I probably don't have a valid basis to say "slipping." In any event, I'm dissatisfied with the quality (as described above) of the two Rems I bought, regardless of how they compare to earlier Rems.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Murdy---I'm glad the OP didn't ask about the Rem 770 or Big Uncle would really get his panties in a wad after reading what I'd have to say about that one, LOL!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know about "panties in a wad." In fact, I was thinking this was one of those rare on-line disagreements that was actually rather civil.