Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

7.62 ammo

Old 11-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ik with 45s itll be white box ammo ammo hydro shocks hollows
Its been 8 years since i had a high power rifle. Since indiana wont allow hunting with em.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

...and it aint cheap, even with surplus crap ammo.
Not that it is any of my business but why are you using a .762/.308 semi-auto rifle? If you want to put a lot of lead down range because it is relaxing (it is relaxing for me as well) then consider a Ruger 10/22 or an AR-15 both are much cheaper to shoot.

The .308 is a great hunting round but for practice shooting it gets expensive very fast. And reloading? Again if you want to shoot a lot of rounds reloading a lot of ammo on a single stage press gets boring. I suppose you could go with a progressive press but for the cost of that set-up you could get yourself an AR.

I recently bought an M1a...love the rifle but it does not take long to go through $100.00 worth of ammo...ammo that I hand loaded on a single stage press.

JM2C
Old 11-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its gonna be my hunting rifle. And i ant gonna trust a 223 on a elk
Old 11-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Ik with 45s itll be white box ammo ammo hydro shocks hollows
Its been 8 years since i had a high power rifle. Since indiana wont allow hunting with em.
sure they will ya just need indy legal chamberings, I know a guy who builds an Indy legal AR upper in the ballistic twin to a 358 Winchester, requires reloading but it ain't no slouch, but it is an AR-15, not an AR-10, better hunting rifle anyways, 2 lbs lighter, PM me if your interested.
RR