Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Safety Problem with Mt Rifle

Old 11-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Safety Problem with Mt Rifle

I bought a used 700 280 Mt rifle early this yr and shot it at the range only I never hunted with it yet so I really didn't play with the safety much I only load one shell at a time at the range so I keep the gun pt downrange and safety on. So I lend the gun to my cousin for this yr deer season and they call me and say that the safety is really hard to go off and sometimes it won't go off at all. Anyone had this happen. I 200 miles away from them. I told them to put a little rem oil in there and work it back and forth. Any other ideas or has this happened to anyone else. I really don't know the age of the gun I'm thinking at least 10 yrs old
Old 11-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

take the action out of the stock and see whats blocking it, most likely a small chip from the stock is binding it, had it happen before.
RR
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

thanks will try. If he does that he will have to resight in the gun right
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah but if he tightens the screws down about the same it will be very close
RR