Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun shop recommention

Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gun shop recommention

Well due to i would not qualify for res license no hunting this year
So i planned to wait to buy my rifle. Well my insurance company is finishin my settlement for my car wreck. So ya im buyin a few guns
Plan is a dpms ar in 308 a glock 21 cause i miss my 45.
So im in granby Colorado and i dont know where to go. So id like some recommendations on a good gun store i go to denver alot and wouldnt mind a drive for a good deal. Figure ill get a good deal buyin both at once. I bought two glocks few years ago and got 100 off each

So basically denver up to grand lake im not far from steam boat springs and will be going to Colorado springs in a few weeks anywhere around there
Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

You said you wouldn't mind a bit of a drive: Great Outdoors Gunshop Atwood, KS, not too far across the CO/KS border. Pretty good group of guys, Class II dealer, lots of cool stuff in their shop that's outside of 'normal'.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Bite the bullet and get an out of state tag & license?
Old 10-26-2013, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

find a dealer willing to do a transfer for you and order online, its what I do.they charge 30-50 bucks I can always find one online cheaper than I can get it at a gunshop
RR
Old 10-26-2013, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
find a dealer willing to do a transfer for you and order online, its what I do.they charge 30-50 bucks I can always find one online cheaper than I can get it at a gunshop
RR
I have used this route for new rifles and have been happy with the results. However, I always have to personally examine anything that is used and will not buy online for them. Have a look at CDNN, Davidson's, Bud's, Lipsey's, etc.

Last edited by Big Uncle; 10-26-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought bout the out state tags but between buyin a rifle scope and then the 500 bucks for tags i couldnt afford it plus this give me a chance to scout and find a good hunting loc

Im leaning toward the buy online idea. There is a gun shop here in town but by the looks of it prob not gonna be able to get a deal there but they might do the transfer
Old 10-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
RR
I have bought my last 3 guns online. Found a guy that does transfers for $20. I don't think I'd ever buy one any other way now. I have no qualms about going to Gander, Cabelas, or Bass Pro and asking to handle a rifle I intend to buy online as I spend enough money at those places on other stuff just about every time I walk through their doors.

Last edited by Murdy; 10-26-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree. I went to the local gun shop by my old town. When i told the guy i found it online cheaper he all but ripped the rifle from me. When i went to the other shop i told him i found it online 100 off with shipping he said he couldnt help me with the gun but spent an hour talkin to me and i ended up buyin my sabots black powder and cleaning stuff for said muzzleloader and i ended being a return customer for him
Iv got a non hunting related project goin on. The local shop i use for that is alittle higher but the guy will spend hours helpin and explaining stuff to me so i pay little more for the help now im getting discounts and freebes cause he knows im loyal

Originally Posted by Murdy
I have bought my last 3 guns online. Found a guy that does transfers for $20. I don't think I'd ever buy one any other way now. I have no qualms about going to Gander, Cabelas, or Bass Pro and asking to handle a rifle I intend to buy online as I spend enough money at those places on other stuff just about every time I walk through their doors.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone know a good online shop to get the dpms 308 from
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

I've dealt with Bud's and Kentucky Gun Co. with no problems in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.