Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

side by side what happened?

Old 09-26-2003, 07:35 PM

Default side by side what happened?

I' ve been out of bird hunting for about 15 yr. now, just getting back into it. Tell me, why are the side by sides getting phased out? To be honest, side by sides have more class and character than o/u. In my HUMBLE opinion anywho
Old 09-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: side by side what happened?

Not sure they are getting phased out. Ruger has or is releasing their Gold Label SXS. At two grand it ought to be a nice one.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-26-2003, 08:20 PM

Ruger, did you just say two grand?????
Lets see that' s about 3,500 canadian.HOOOOOLLLLLYYYYY. WAY to rich for my blood.I might be wrong but it seems to me that s/s are not produced in the #' s they used to be
Old 09-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yah it' s to rich for my blood also.I saw one at the NRA Convention in April.It' s a beautiful SxS.That' s probably one I' ll never own.SKB made or still is making a nice SxS at a much more reasonable price.I don' t think SxS' s are as popular as they once were but I' m sure somebody will keep making them for the DieHards.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cause a working man can' t afford them,heck you can' t buy a decent auto for less than 600.00 deniro.With a wife and 4 kids I' m shooting a pump.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you got it...they' re expensive. I' ve tried to buy cheaper S/S and they don' t have the quality. SKB is probably the lowest cosr S/S that I' d recommend.

Even Browning gave up on their double and they' re a fine buy when you find them in a used rack.

If one wants a " twin tube" he can buy an SKB 505 for around a grand.....still high but a lot less than a S/S....further I' d hazard a guess that most people shoot a O/U better than a S/S

Old 09-26-2003, 11:25 PM

I' ve also noticed the SxS' s are getting more rare. I have an old Stevens SxS that I absolutely love. SxS' s are by far my favorite, but it' s dissapointing to see so few available in stores. About the only 20 ga. SxS I found in any gun store recently was made by Stoeger. I loved the feel of it, it shouldered really nice. I' ve heard mixed feedback on the quality of Stoeger though.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Savage has a nice looking SxS, I beleive it' s the model 411. Coming from Savage it ought be a very sound and reliable. It should also be very affordable as well at $395 MSRP. Check it out at http://www.savagearms.com

I haven' t hand my hands on one yet, but from the photos and adds that I' ve seen it is a nice looking sxs double. I don' t think I' ll give up my 16ga and 12ga LC Smith' s to have one, but who knows if they offer one in 20ga I may consider it.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Truth in the last few years, they' ve been making somewhat of a comeback...I don' t think they' ll ever get back to their fame of decades ago...the biggest part of their recent success is the economy models available, you can get a Stoeger or EAA for $350 or under $300 respectively, they' re not high quality fine arms, but they' re great huting weapons, which is what is most often more desired anymore.

Quick Reply: side by side what happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.