Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bar Indentification

Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Spike

Default Bar Indentification

I was given a browning bar in a 270 cal. The weapon is not complete,missing trigger assembly. I can order the parts from Browning, but I am not sure what model it is ie.. a bar1 or bar 2 or a safari. It has A steel receiver but no engraving or boss so that leaves the safari out. From the Browning nomenclature all others have aluminum receivers. I do Know from serial number it is a 1986 weapon. It was made in Belguim. and it has browning bar on side of receiver. Could someone help me out with some information. Thanks I appreciate it.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your best bet, is to take it to a good gun smith, one that you trust. And let them handle it.
They have the books to identify and order the parts needed and know how to assemble it the right way.
You may wind up taking it to one in the end anyway.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's also what I would suggest and then you can be pretty confident that it was done right the first time and IMO the expense will probably not be that bad if the parts can be had.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

At most it might run to a $100. I had to have a mini-14 fixed that I screwed up, just wanted to replace the wood stock with a synthetic. I ended up taking it to a professional, and spending $40 for a couple springs I lost, and his time to correct my mistakes. It was worth it.