Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sweet 16

Old 09-24-2003, 05:40 AM

Default sweet 16

I' ve recently come across a chance to pick up a Sweet 16 in very good cond. can anybody give an accurate value on this unit?
Old 09-24-2003, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sweet 16

More then a Mossberg. LOL.The Old ones(FN) are bringing premiums in good condition.Browning made a newer version I presume the newer ones were made in Japan instead of Belguim.Just off the top of my head I would estimate the FN' s would bring 800.00 or more.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-24-2003, 10:27 AM

Excellent firearm. If you can, pick it up, then decide if you want to shoot it alot. The 16 gauge is making a comeback and shells are getting easier to find again.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:55 PM

RUGER-REDHAWK thanks for the quote.But you have me puzzled.What do you mean , a Sweet 16 is worth more than a Mossberg? Thats like me saying a 870 is worth more than a Remington. Remember RUGER? The Mossberg Sweet 16? It was part of the ultimate bird bangin' package put out by North America' s FINESTGUNMAKER[MOSSBERG]many moons ago.
As I remember,THE PROFFSIONALS PREMIER PACKAGE[as it was so deservidly dubbed], consisted of the MOSSBERG SWEET 16,THE FABULOUS FLAMETHROWING 500 [COOKED EM' BEFORE THEY HIT THE GROUND] and the BAD@$$BOLTGUN. REMEMBER NOW RUGER?? I' m sure DANNY45 will concur on this one with me.
Huh?? What?? What do you mean Mossy didn' t make the Sweet 16???[][]BR...BROW.....BROWNING[][][]. NO...NOOO....NOOOOOOO it can' t be[:' (][:' (][:' (] How can I ever show my face at the local duck dugout again??. my life is ruined.O.K.......O.K. GOT TO GET A GRIP !!! O.K. so they didn' t make the Sweet 16, but they still made the world famous and highly exalted MOSSBERG A5!!!Or was that the BROWNING 500??OR the MOSSY BAD@$$-A-BOLT?? YOU UNDERSTAND,don' t you RUGER?? You do ,don' t you? Two such fine and world respected gunmakers, it' s so easy to get them confused!!!
OH...OHHHHHHH,my head hurts now.Ohhhhhh.....I think I should go lie down now.Ohhhh I don' t feel so good anymore.Oh boy, I think it' s the curse of the 870.
May be if the two companies merged?? Hmmm??How about BROWNBERG?????Hmmm??????????
Old 09-24-2003, 09:09 PM

plainsman, what are you doing?

I caught the small dig he did on the Mossberg thing, I really think he meant no harm, but that last post is out there man.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:26 PM

DANNY45, no harm mean' t man ,just having some fun!!
Whatever you do, NEVER take me TOO seriously
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DON' T take that last post as anything but a joke,however, I wish I could be there to see RUGER-REDHAWK' s face as he reads it.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:21 AM

hahaha, wtf is going on here?
Old 09-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plainsman What have you been smoking?Half of what you said didn' t make sense. The only Sweet 16 I ever heard of was a Browning. I' ll tell you what my face looked like when I read your reply. Confused.I have never read so much actually saying nothing. You asked a question and I was trying to give you a straight answer. I put about more then a Mossberg because of the way you have been ranting on about them in other posts..I' ve seen your type come and go here.I' m sure soon you' ll just be a memory.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-25-2003, 03:45 PM

The old " humped backed" Browning Autoloader in 16 was the only shotgun I ever heard referred to as the Sweet 16. Of course the way " stories" get around there is no telling what is getting flung further and faster than the empties ejecting out of the Browning?!?
Old 09-25-2003, 09:38 PM

RUGER I' m sorry man, I caught the Mossy dig, but you didn' t get my expansion on the dig you gave me.The post I gave in reply was nothing more than kidding around. Afterall,whoever heard of Mossy Sweet16? The Fabuluos 500??

RUGER, I' m sorry if you took it the wrong way. I thought as soon as you read " the premier package" you would' ve realized the farce.There was NO insult intended,if thats what your thinking. Once again, I apologize RUGER,no harm meant.

P.S.
come and go? No,I' m here to stay. Just like hunting itself, once it' s in your blood it' s there to stay. Started when I was 8yr. old. 30yr. later nothing means more to me, except my wife. A way of life!

PPS
BIGBORE is probably REALLY confused right now.

PPPS.
I still think " " BROWNBERG" HAS A NICE Ring to it.

really though, I think it' s from Belgium. Haven' t seen it yet. He says it' s in great shape, but I don' t need another gun I won' t use.

Quick Reply: sweet 16

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.