Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Not shooting? What are you doing?

Old 05-26-2013, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not shooting? What are you doing?

Due to the recent lack of ammo I have severely cut back on my shooting. To keep from getting upset about the reduced range time I have instead decided to work on gun related projects that have been neglected. In my case it is reorganizing the reloading supplies.

Anyone else doing other gun related activities to make up for loss or shooting time?
Old 05-26-2013, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep.....
Old 05-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice!
Old 05-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah -Me, too. Not shooting much other than some reloading experiments..

Got back to a few problem reloading projects that I've been procrastinating.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Was out today shooting my AR, and my 1911, M&P, and Taurus 99. A box of each and 2 - 30 rd mags out of the AR. I have lots of ammo that I reloaded. Maybe about 1000 rds each o 5.56, 45 acp, 40 s&w and 9mm. Plus .44 and .38/.357s and an assortment of rifle ammo in different ammo.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The other day I shot maybe 12 rounds out of my Ruger Mark III .22LR handgun and shot at 2 different Coyotes with the .223 Savage using 3 bullets of Hornady 55 grain V-max and i missed I think and that's pretty well been it this year...as most I don't plan on wasting any more ammo than I have to unless I build up some more?

I'm going to keep an eye on my trail cameras this summer and do some Coyote Hunting in the fresh cut Hay Fields and CRP Fields this summer so if any Coyotes appear that will take away from my small stash and need replenishing!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
The other day I shot maybe 12 rounds out of my Ruger Mark III .22LR handgun and shot at 2 different Coyotes with the .223 Savage using 3 bullets of Hornady 55 grain V-max and i missed I think and that's pretty well been it this year...as most I don't plan on wasting any more ammo than I have to unless I build up some more?

I'm going to keep an eye on my trail cameras this summer and do some Coyote Hunting in the fresh cut Hay Fields and CRP Fields this summer so if any Coyotes appear that will take away from my small stash and need replenishing!
Same here! I just go coyote hunting... considering I hardly ever take a shot it saves on ammo.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

and shot at 2 different Coyotes
I got a rabbit yesterday but that was in the backyard with a pellet gun...not quite the same thing.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Spike

The ammo shortage hasn't really hurt me. I reload rifle and pistol ammo and shotgun shells haven't been hard to find. The only thing I'd like to stumble across is some powder for shotgun shells as I have a bunch of empty hulls.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tcshooter
The ammo shortage hasn't really hurt me. I reload rifle and pistol ammo and shotgun shells haven't been hard to find. The only thing I'd like to stumble across is some powder for shotgun shells as I have a bunch of empty hulls.
Same here, I have been able to find anything I need and I have quite a stockpile of powder and primers so nothing has changed for me. Shooting ever chance I get when I am not running the hounds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.