Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington model 7 Or Kimber Classic?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Spike

Default Remington model 7 Or Kimber Classic?

Need help deciding on the two. Going to be in 308.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me, the answer is easy...the Kimber Classic. I've had two, and they both shot well. If you win the wood lottery, it's a handsome rig. The triggers are pretty good right out of the box. My last two Remmy's were a PIA, so they don't rock my boat.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really cant decide? Have you actually had both in your hands next to each other? There is no comparison! That is like comparing a Pinto to Cadillac. The Kimber has a MUCH smoother action and is well worth the extra money. When you buy the Kimber ask to see all of them so you can pick the best wood, it will be a beautiful rifle, there is absolutely no comparison in looks, function, and fit and finish. The Remington is nice but not even in the same league! My next gun is going to be the Kimber 84 Classic Select Grade chambered in a 280AI. I looked at one the other day, it was really hard to leave the shop without it.

Last edited by fritz1; 02-08-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple of years ago I was in the market for a new .375 H&H and looked at the Kimber Talkeetna and the Kimber Caprivi. Accuracy issues kept me from buying either of them, but that Caprivi surely was pretty. Kimber rifles have quite a reputation for hit or miss accuracy. Some of the are shooters, some of them are dogs.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only Kimber rifles I ever saw that didnt shoot good were the Montana model, they have a really light barrel that will heat up and move, good for two shots but tend to move on the third shot, but it is a lightweight not a benchrest gun. Like I said though this is just the ones I have been arround, I am sure they are like any other gun, you can get a dog with any brand. Remington is known for having hit or miss on the accuracy dept. as well.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Spike

I have a mdl 7 xcr in 300 wsm. I wish the trigger was a bit better (on the list to get done) But other than that I just love the gun. There is a huge difference in price and I just love mine. So far it has been flawless and quite accurate.
I killed several coyotes last year at 300+ yards and a nice Muley Buck.
I love my mdl 7
I like the looks of the Kimber but I do not see it performing well enough to warrant the difference in price.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally like the model 7 guns. Almost bought a LSS model last week. While maybe not quite as nice as the Kimber, its also alot less expensive. You are not really comparing apples to apples. Buy what you like and what fits your budget. Both (imo) are very nice guns.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Kimber isnt that much more, I can get one here for about $1100. The Remington MD 7 CDL is almost $900. I have no problem paying about $200- $300 more for alot nicer gun. It may not shoot any better but will hold its value better and it is alot better quality.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Spike

I know the Kimber is a much better looking and smoother rifle. But I like the 20inch barrel of the Model 7, and as it seems online you have a 50/50 chance of getting a kimber that dosn't shoot worth a sh*t. Kind of makes me nervous dropping that kind of money on a rifle.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by loomis22
I know the Kimber is a much better looking and smoother rifle. But I like the 20inch barrel of the Model 7, and as it seems online you have a 50/50 chance of getting a kimber that dosn't shoot worth a sh*t. Kind of makes me nervous dropping that kind of money on a rifle.
Well if accuracy is all you are worried about, just save your money and buy a Savage model 10 or a Marlin X7.

I think you cant beleive everything posted on the internet, heck if you do, I am a French model. "Bon Jouir"!!

Alot of people will knock what they dont own and use that as a excuse of why they dont own one. Just saying, dont beleive everything you read on the internet. Kimber does have a warranty. There Tactical rifles are Garauteed to shoot less than 1/2" 3 shot group at 100 yards. I think there hunting rifles will at least shoot under a 1". They do have the same actions. There hunting rifles come with a match grade barrel, chamber and trigger, and there actions are both pillar and glass bedded. I really cant see how they cant shoot. A person has to be able to shoot for the rifle to shoot. A rifle isnt going to magicly make you a marksmen regaurdless of who made it.

I have never owned a Kimber rifle, do have a couple of there 1911's, but I have been arround quite a few of there rifles and have only seen one that didnt shoot extremely well and it was there lightweight Kimber Montana 270 WSM. The barrels are to thin to shoot accurate 3 shot groups, it heats up fast and moves.

Last edited by fritz1; 02-09-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.