Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ruger american ammo help

Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Spike

Default ruger american ammo help

Hello, I just bought a ruger american rifle in 270 caliber. I want to buy abunch of ammo and was wondering what the most accurate is for shooting and hunting. Im looking for MOA or sub MOA groups. I bought some hornady superformance sst 130gr but I see alot of mixed reviews online. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Each gun will like a particular brand or two and even a particular grain weight depending on barrel length and twist, so you will need to do some experimenting to see what groups best. You didn't say what you plan to hunt, but if it's deer any bullet designed for that size game should work. If you move up into elk or moose sized game you will want to go with a better bonded bullet designed to penetrate deeper before full expansion occurs. You picked a good rifle. Top it off with a good scope and mounts and go have fun!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 2 folks I know with .270's , both will shoot Rem 130gr Core Locks well. Like TopGun said...you need to get a few brands and weights, and see what YOUR gun likes best. We can't answer that for you, only some range time will tell you that.
Also, there isn't a magic pill for every gun to go MOA or better. Some will shoot MOA even with factory loads...and some won't even do it with handloads. Trial and error will let you know. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 AM
Spike

Thanks for the advice