Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What are they worth????

Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Spike

Default What are they worth????

I have a Remington 870 28 gauge Wingmaster new in the box and I also have a 410 gauge Wingmaster new in the box. I bought both of these guns back in the 80`s. They both are unfired and they both have 25 inch full choke ventilated rib barrels with beautiful wood.
Anyone have any guess what the value of these two guns is?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both of those guns are pretty rare in my neck of the woods, especially in new and unfired condition. I would guess the 28 would be in the seven hundred plus range and the 410 maybe a bit more. Just my guess. I really love the feel of them older Wingmasters.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Considering their NIB, assuming they have all the original paperwork I would not go to the blue book for a value. I did that and was surprised...even my old blue book only values them around $900 each. But what you have there is a genuine collectors pair. You need to locate a Remington collector, not just a shooter hunter. Id do a bit of research, auction them with a reserve.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's also what I would do because they are worth whatever someone wants to pay for them and an auction is the best way to go on firearms like you have!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ezbagr
I have a Remington 870 28 gauge Wingmaster new in the box and I also have a 410 gauge Wingmaster new in the box. I bought both of these guns back in the 80`s. They both are unfired and they both have 25 inch full choke ventilated rib barrels with beautiful wood.
Anyone have any guess what the value of these two guns is?

Can you post a couple pictures?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
Can you post a couple pictures?
I agree. I have no idea what they are worth but would love to see pictures of them.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Spike

Smile

Here is a few pics
Old 12-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

They are worth what someone will pay for them...the 28g is probably worth a little more as there were less produced...it also depends on when they were made (do you know?)...they are not necessarily a "matched" pair (serial #'s aren't even close...guessing they were not made the same year)...that being said they are very nice and the vent rib guns from the early 80's are desirable...but not really "highly collectable"...my book's show them between $700 and $1000...if you find the right guy you might get $2k for the pair, but I doubt it...I have 20g that matches those two NIB...I paid $425 for it 2 or 3 years ago at a gun show...it's serial # is close to the 28g you have...it's all timing. Very nice though...I'd love to have the 28g if you are considering selling them I might consider buying the pair from you...message me if interested.