Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TC Encore Pro Hunter accuracy?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Spike

Default TC Encore Pro Hunter accuracy?

Thinking about getting a new gun. I like the look and specs of the pro hunter but don't want to make a mistake. Worried about accurat long distance or at any distance. Thinking about 300 Win Mag. Please any input will help will be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

It's a great gun, i had a pro hunter in. 223 and my father owns a encore in .308, both shoot easily under .5 with reloads. I would recommend if you buy one to get the heavy barrel. It takes away some of the recoil and balances the gun extremely well for offhand shooting. I sold my pro-hunter, it was a pain to use as a varmint rifle, looking back i should've just ordered a new barrel and kept it to hunt deer with.

Last edited by stapher1; 12-03-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

I have the pro hunter in the muzzleloader and its crazzzy accurate..I have the 204 barrel on my original Encore and its great shooter as well. You can't go wrong with TC...........................
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

ive got the prohunter, with 50cal, 7mm-08, and 22lr barrels. Mines pretty accurate, ive never really sat down and shot it trying to test the grouping but in 50cal my holes all touch. I like the oversized hinge pin from eab, and there are alot of other tweaks you can do to it.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

I'd like to start by saying I do not and have never owned a TC product. I have had an opportunity to shoot and handle a couple through the years. None of those were great shooters with 1, a pro hunter in 30-06 that shoots horribly. That gun is owned by a close friend and will print 3" groups on a good day. I know I will probably get blasted for speaking negatively about someone's firearm but the reality is that a decent bolt gun will typically outperform in the accuracy category. TC has done a great job of creating a market for its products by paying dozens of TV hunters to use this line.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

I own 2 encores and love them. But as a muzzleloader. I sold my rifle barrel s.. single shot style my Ruger No 1 wins hands down. Both my Encores needed tweaked while my Ruger needed none.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

mixed feelings here. I've got mgm barrels on both mine, the 30-30 shoots same hole the 375 win is an ok shooter probably 2 -3 inches @ 100. I've got a eabco barrel in 6.5 brm that will do .4". I've never had much luck with factory barrels though
Old 12-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only Pro Hunter I have been around was a .45 muzzleloader and it was accurate but picky. The other Encore's I've been around were a couple 300 Win Mags and several 50 caliber muzzleloaders. All these shot very well.