Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New guy, new gun

Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Spike

Default New guy, new gun

Hey guys, new guy here from southern mn. Just picked up my first gun, a browning bps 12g.

Been wanting to pick up a reasonably priced shotgun, have been to the store a few times, handled a lot of guns, and this browning felt about the best, at least for not spending $1000+. Ended up getting a used one with a soft case and a couple chokes, and a trigger lock. Oh and it has an extended mag.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the forum. Its a great place to hang out. What you going to be Hunting with your new Shotgun ?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Spike

Target for fun, but pheasant and next year deer.

Anybody else have one of these? How did/do you like it?

Last edited by Gramps86; 09-24-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had one now for about 20 yr's. It's one of the old invector models. I did the same thing you did, bought it used with choke tubes. Plus I've picked up other chokes over the years. The best pump shotgun made today, in my opinion. I've shot rabbits, pheasants, deer, turkeys, pidgeons, grouse, you name it, with that gun. It has never let me down. It's as tight and smooth as the day I bought it. It just has a few more "charactor" marks
Old 09-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

congrats just check the laws as far as rounds in the gun for hunting. Most states have a 3 shell limit.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought the 3 shell limit was for migratory birds / waterfowl. That includes woodcock in Michigan, but I beleive all other game can be hunted with 5 in the magazine and one in the chamber, for a total of 6 rounds. That is Michigan anyway.

No limit for rimfire .22 as far as I know.