Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Spotting Scopes??? Burris or Wind River?

Old 08-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Spotting Scopes??? Burris or Wind River?

I' m looking at getting a spotting scope to use at the range. I like the looks of the Burris Landmark series and the Wind River series by Leupold. Does anyone have any knowledge of either one of these? Or any suggestions on other American Made spotting scopes would be appreciated. Looking at 15x45x60!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spotting Scopes??? Burris or Wind River?

of the two, I' d pick the Leupold....however there' s a lot of places to spend money.....I' ve personally used a Tasco and have no complaints whatever.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the Wind River because it has fully multi-coated optics, and the Burris has multi-coated optics. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2003, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just purchased the Wind River spotting scope and I like it. I had to order it because no one would carried it. I wish I could have been able to compare it to others at the store before buying it but couldn’t. Outdoor life had a good write up on this scope and that’s why I bought mine. I haven’t used it yet at the range being to busy but will try it this weekend.

It’s a nice scope, all rubber coated and 100% water proof. I bought the angle eyepiece and like that design. I like the field of view at 15 x , it’s nice and clear. When zoomed in at 45 x that field of view is really concentrated. In all it’s a good scope for the money.

Sorry to disappoint you but this scope is made in Korea , imported by Leupold so it’s not an American made product. It has a nice little sticker on the bottom saying so. Good luck in your purchase and I’ll let you know what I think of this scope if I do go to the range.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Host of Hosts

I' ve been finding out that most all spotting scopes are made somewhere else and not in the USA. This might change thing for me. I will look at other scope options.
It' s a shame I want to buy an American made product and CAN' T!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 09:17 PM

I personnally like the new Nikon scope. It even comes with a full size tripod for around $299.00