Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Calling All Savage Owners.......

Old 08-23-2003, 11:31 AM

Default Calling All Savage Owners.......

Hey guys, I just want to ask all you Savage owners out there,
what are your experiences with your own Savage guns? If yall could
please just give me some info on how the Savage guns handle,e tc., etc.
I am trying to settle on buying a Savage .243 Model 10GXP3 Packeage Gun,
but what do yall think? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!![8D]
Old 08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Calling All Savage Owners.......

I really like my 112. .223 heavy with 26" tube. Still have the factory trigger and I have no complaints.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 110 in 30/06. It is functional, strong, accurate and completely reliable. It is not the smoothest or prettiest........but it is a tool..so it doesn' t have to be pretty...it just has to do the job. It does the job extemely well at a great price.

AND NOW with the switch barrel capability through Midway it has become much more valuable to me.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would agree with what 8 mm says i have the 116 synthic stock/stainless steel 30/06 & i like it great price , shoots real good etc.
But i think mine is smooth& pretty lol
Old 08-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve read a whole lot of posts about savage rifles and far and away positive. I' ll attest to their accuracy and for a varmint rifle, I' d agree...their a fine gun.

However my personal experience has been for horrible triggers, poor feeding, poor extractors, safeties not working and a long list of mechanical failures.

As a varmint gun, I don' t care if the safety don' t work....I don' t care if it' s feeding is faulty.....I' m feeding single shot and I' m sitting at a bench and I don' t load unless there is a target. I can fix almost any trigger. I want brute accuracy and Savages deliver that....however as a hunting gun, I wouldn' t give you a dime for a semi load of them.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:23 PM

I have an OLD .270 with an OLD Tasco " high country" scope on it and it has only missed one deer... well........ I hit it...... I' m sure...... but after 2 hours of looking, we could not find it. Anyway its a pin pusher. Love it alot.

I had a .22-250 in the package gun and it shot great for the first 25-30 rounds and then had decreasing accuracy. (One piece of advise, Change out the Simmons Scope if thats what they are still using, mine was a piece.......) No fault of the guns workings, just the barrel didn' t like the heat. Would have been much better with a bull barrel. I would have changed it out, but I got a good deal on trade and took it.

I would say that if you aren' t shooting alot of round, you can not go wrong with the Savage in the regular barrel. Put' s any out of the box Rem 700 to shame

Vapodog is right about the triggers, they are terrible. I did get to shoot a accu-trigger gun from savage that was the proverbial cats A$$. Thats the way to go for the Varmit gun. 22-250 heavy barrel with the accu-trigger.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have several Savages. All shoot great. All have had several hundred rounds through them and are still very accurate. All have working safeties. All feed and extract just fine. Not the prettiest guns out there but after a few trips through the brush and briars it doesn' t matter.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Savage 110, .30-06, as does my dad, hundreds of rounds thru them, no problems. My trigger isn' t to bad, breaks at about 3 1/2 pounds, don' t need much lighter for a hunting gun. I have never had any feeding or extracting problems. Oh yeah, did I mention that they are accurate?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:41 PM

I' ve owned a number of Savage rifles through the years and currently have a couple in the gunsafe. They are a darn good rifle for the money. They aren' t as smooth in the action or trigger department as many other rifles. In my opinion they aren' t as attractive either, but they work. Every Savage I' ve owned has been 100% reliable and did everything I ever asked it to do.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Savage Model 12-FV 223.
I got it at a heck of a deal & several people posted that they shot well so I bought it.
I can tell you that my rifle shoots AWESOME.[:-]

Good luck

Quick Reply: Calling All Savage Owners.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.