Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 vs. tikka thitail hunter vs. a-bolt

Old 08-25-2003, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tikka T3 vs. tikka thitail hunter vs. a-bolt

I heard so much about these Tikka' s I ended up buying one the other night. They had the WTH' s for 399.99. They had them in 300 Win Mag and a 7mm Rem Mag. I went with the 7mm.I haven' t fired it yet but I' m really impressed with it.I bought the clamp lock rings made by Sako.The bolt is unbelievable how smooth it works. The Triggers are adjustable. I believe it' s 2-4 pounds and factory set at 3 pounds.I took a Leupold Vari XII 3x9 40mm scope off one of my other rifles and mounted it on the Tikka.The scope rings seem to be the ticket.A friend who is a machinst bought one a few weeks ago in 300 Win Mag. He studies everything he buys. The Tikka' s Barrel is screwed in one inch to the receiver.he was so impressed with his he told me I need to get one.I love my Ruger M-77' s but this Tikka has given me second thoughts.If Ruger' s had a trigger like these Tikka they would be something to write home about.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 08-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny, seems everywhere I turn there is a new Tikka owner around the corner. I can' t see this as being a fad as you can' t even buy this kind of good reviews. Finally, a gun maker doing it right. I think the rest of the gun world is about to get cold water tossed in their faces as they realize the consumer is finally getting what they want and not buying anything of lesser quality. For these prices, you get a great rifle at a great price. Why choose anything else? I used to be a die-hard Remington and Browning guy but now I' m seeing the light.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:34 AM

I have owned a Remington Model 7 in .308, Ruger 77 in 7mm Mag, Ruger 77 International in .308, Ruger 77 .243 ultra-light, Browning A-bolt II composite stalkers in 25-06, 300wsm, and .280. As I have just purchased the Tikka T3 synthetic in .308 a couple of months, I can honestly say that it is the best shooting rifle I have ever owned. The Brownings trigger only adjust down to 2 1/2 lbs while the Tikka is at 2 lbs. I' ve tried them side by side in trigger pull and action smoothess and have had several friends compare as well. Every one has admitted that the Tikka felt betterwithout a doupt. And most were die hard Browning men like me. The Tikka has delivered some impressive groups so far. Shooting Hornady light magnum 150gr interlocs I have several 3 shot 1/2" groups and one 1/4" group at 100 yds. Of course on a bench rest. My A-bolt will shoot like that as well but that is with a BOSS. All I' ll ever buy in the future are Tikka' s, or maybe a Sako featherlight, but you can' t beat the Tikka' s for value.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:16 AM

I would consider myself to be a Browning guy but after reading this thread maybe I should spend some time and look into the Tikka a little more.