Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Do I? Should I? If you were in my shoes would you and what would it be??

Old 11-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Spike

Default Do I? Should I? If you were in my shoes would you and what would it be??

well here it is christmas time, I have money in my pocket to christmas shop for the family, but dang gone it I deserve a new gun..well atleast I think I do..I've worked hard all year right...but the question is I already have the spectrum covered...but I still want a new hunting rifle....so here is my list of rifles and if you were in my shoes what caliber would fill the void....IF ANY....I'm just looking for something accurate, fun to shoot, and best bang for the buck..I mainly deer hunt...so not looking for toys (FYI the AR-15 is on my list, along with 12 ga Super Black eagle, 20 and 410 gauge O/U) but I'm just talking rifles right now...here is what I already own

.243 WSSM Winchester Super Shadow - 3x9 VXII Leoplold
.260 rem. Ruger youth model w/ 4x14 Burris
.25-06 Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker w/ 6-18 Silver Leopold
7mm mag - Ruger w/ 2x7 VXII Leopold
.300 Wby Vanguard W/ 4x14 Burriss
.338 Rem Ultra Mag Remington BDL

So basically looks like I have everything covered ...I thought about trading in the .338 RUM and the .243 WSSM. or should I just save my money and go after my toys....Oh and get my family more XMAS gifts..lol
Old 11-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

dont look like you need another one lol. i prob would get the ar-15 though
Old 11-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need a little feller yet.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep..............put them together and you have a AR platform in .223/5.56.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

With what you have I'd get an Ar15.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by saleen_21
..I mainly deer hunt...so not looking for toys
Though I'd agree that you have a gap on the small end, if you believe the statement you made above, risk is high that you'd have a safe queen if you purchased something like an AR.

The AR (.204 and .223) is a great addition if it ties into your profession, if you shoot competitively, or if you hunt varmints. If none of those apply, you essentially have a "toy."

If deer are your main quarry, and because you already have a .300 Wby, if I had to "cull" a rifle, it'd be the .338 RUM in a heartbeat.

Not everyone can afford to collect firearms simply for the sake of collecting them. If acquiring another firearm comes as an alternative to REASONABLE Christmas shopping for family, particularly if kids are involved, my advice is to be happy with what you already have.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Spike

LOL no most definately kids and family like always have a great christmas, they have and will always come first before my guns, hobbies, and everything and anything else...just been awhile since I bought a rifle and am getting antsy...Oh I forgot to mention I do have a marlin .17 hmr....so I'm looking to get an Ar-15 in either .204 or .223, just not sure what is the best bang for the buck, are the remington's any count or colt, or would I be better sticking with BPMS or Rock River???
Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

We got an accurized colt that will shoot a dime sized group over and over again. It came accurized from the factory and it is fun to shoot. I highly recommend it, but it is not a carbine it is a full length rifle. So the real question is do you want a carbine or a full length rifle?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Spike

I want the Ar15 frame, didn't realize there were so many configurations, from so many manufacturers, looking at Rock River, haven't looked at DPMS, Colt, or Bushmaster yet, I'm sure I can't go wrong with either of them....when I was in the military, I just loved the M16, so like to find one along that same layout, one that field strips/breaks down the same, but i'm in no hurry and will read around and go make some visits, I'm not wanting to spend several thousand, just best all around bang for the buck, will be used mainly for getting out and shooting around with my son...and then itching comes to go out and coyote hunt
Old 11-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

you can buy;

complete gun.

complete upper & complete lower and slap it together.

All the pieces and have "someone" put it together for you.

Don't "need" to spent thousands...................your call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.