Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Cheap 22wmr Revolver

Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Spike

Question Cheap 22wmr Revolver

I have been looking at getting a revolver as a sidearm for hunting both for protection and for dispatching wounded game, and for fun. I decided a 22wmr will suit my needs and it would be nice if it could also accept 22lr. Must be double action. I might not mind a bigger caliber like a 38 if the gun itself is in my price range. I am basically looking a cheaper version of a taurus 941 but under $200, preferably under $150 though.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats going to be a tough one.....I'd save a little more money and get a Browning Buckmark .22 Hand Gun.....sweet looking hand gun that will hold its value and it is a very good accurate shooter!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know the price now.... But I've got a Taurus Tracker I bought a few years ago for around $225 brand new.... It was on sale and I had some credit at that store too from previous buys.... so I can't honestly tell ya what the actual cost was. But it's an excellent .22
-Jake
Attached Thumbnails Cheap 22wmr Revolver-lateseason.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be sure to check your local laws first. In some states, your handgun must meet minimum caliber requirements in order to be used on big game at all.

Your choices are going to be significantly limited by considering only double-action firearms and you're excluding the excellent Ruger Single-Six (which can be convertible between .22LR and .22 WMR). Dimensionally you shouldn't be putting any .22LR cartridge in the chamber of a .22 WMR.