Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Replacement Stock for Ruger Hawkeye

Old 09-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Spike

Default Replacement Stock for Ruger Hawkeye

Doesn't seem like there is much out there for replacement stocks of the Ruger Hawkeye. I see some posts say you can use one designed for the Mark II and some say you can't.

Just wondering if anybody out there has found a good replacement stock for the Hawkeye and actually put it on the rifle, not just "what should work". I'm open to anything other than molded plastic. Anybody have any luck? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

how much are you willing to spend. McMillian comes to mind and there are a couple more of the "good" stock makers that I'm sure make such a thing. Boyd makes a drop in laminate that is a decent looking stock and the price is really decent
Old 09-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Spike

Thanks for the reply RJ, although I'm not really sure I want to go that high, I'm not totally against it. But Mcmillian, Boyd's, Bell and Carlson and HS precision all only advertise a MK II stock. At one point and time I emailed Bell and Carlson and they said the MK II stock would not fit the hawkeye. Anybody try one of them and it worked?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont see why a MKII stock will not fit, physically they are identical to the Hawkeye. The only differences are cosmetic, the action and barrels are the same. They should work.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Earlier this year I got a replacement stock from Ruger for a All Weather M77 MKII. I asked if a Hawkeye stocks are the same as a MKII. I was told by the Ruger CS Rep that are different and not interchangeable. I have not tried to put a MKII stock on a Hawkeye to see if they will work or not..going by what I was told you'll have to get a Hawkeye stock and not a MKII.