Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

semi or pump-HELP!

Old 08-10-2003, 06:08 PM

Default semi or pump-HELP!

hey! Im lookin at the browning bps micro or upland special or Gold micro. the semi (gold) is $912 and the pumps (bps and upland special) are $482 it would be in 20 gauge. is the auto so much better as to pay the extra cash? I know that the semi is heavier and has less recoil but is it worth it? I will most likely use it for upland hunting. Thanks in Advance!
-hotgunner[8D]
Old 08-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-10-2003, 06:18 PM

Default RE: semi or pump-HELP!

I vote for the pumps. Both that you mentioned are fine guns for a reasonable price. In fact, I' m considering picking up a BPS myself because it fits me so much better than my current pump. With practice, you can work the pump quickly enough for a second shot or a double with no problem and with the correct load recoil is not an issue (unless you really want hot loads). I will catch some flak but I can' t think of a reason to pay the extra money and endure the extra work in cleaning, not to mention have a more complicated gun. I' ll stick to pumps and doubles.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The browning guns are nice and shoot well if it was up to me I would gu BPS.Also have you looked in to the Winchesters.They make a good pump also the 1300 you can get one here in Montana for around 269.00 come bird season.I have a older 1300 ranger that I can shoot as fast as a auto and have had no malfuntions.I' ve put more round through that gun than you can imagine.BBJ
Old 08-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a BPS 12 guage and it is, by far, the nicest and smoothest pump shotgun I' ve ever owned or shot. The Browning Golds are exceptionally nice and reliable auto-shotguns, but for the money a pump gun can' t be beat. No worries about cycling with light loads or in cold weather or when it' s dirty, it' ll shoot well anything it can chamber, and with practice pump guns are fast enough to shoot doubles trap or skeet. They are also the preferred pump guns in duck blinds because your empties aren' t whacking your buddy in the face every shot. The only drawback to the bottom eject is that it requires that all shells must be loaded into the magazine and then racked into the chamber. You can' t just open the slide and drop a shell in the ejection port like most autos and other pumps. Not a big deal unless you shoot trap with it and can only load one shell at a time. In that case, I just do not eject the spent shell until my next time to shoot, then I load the next live shell into the magazine and then pump the slide. I' ve gotten some dirty looks but others understand when I explain what I' m doing.

Regardless of which Browning you choose, I guarantee you' ll be happy. I wouldn' t give up my BPS for anything.

Mike
Old 08-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I owned a Browning auto gold and liked it very much.....mine was a 20 ga 3" ....Id buy another one except for one thing.....I like their citori more!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 09:49 PM

it isnt a sure thing but I might just get the BPS, i am short of $$ and it seems like it is the way to go, i am gonna look at the winchesters before I make any sort of decision, if there is a nice shotgun that catches my eye I will post ?' s here.
THANKS!!!!!!!
-hotgunner