Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bolt Action rifle advice

Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Both deer are very nice and congrats on a great story with pics.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go! Happy for you both.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

It doesn't get much better than that !

I'm happy for you both !!!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Okie76
Im dead set on the 25-06 and all of those are in 270. For ammo I have already called the local gunshop and the manager told me they are more than willing to order the ammo if they dont carry it. The winchester Ballistic silvertip I was plan on using runs about 38$ a box here in Oklahoma. He said a max of two weeks for delivery. Im ok with that.

If you were just referencing models with your links Here's what I have read up on them so far:

Mossberg Model 100 ATR - Read lot's of bad stuff on them, Something about mossberg buying the patent from someone else or some such. Lost interest after reading multiple bad reviews on it?

Marlin XL7 - It is the same barrel and bolt as the X7S I linked above as my number three rifle.

Thompson Center Venture - Same as my Number two rifle linked above.

Weatherby Vanguard - Read lots of bad stuff about them and a buddy at work has one who swears it wont shoot below a 3 inch group at 100 yards. Conversly read that the mark 5's are awesome but I can't afford those.

Howa / Hogue - I wish. Out of my price range.

Tika T3 - I wish. Out of my price range.

Remington 700 - I wish. Out of my price range.

Savage 116FCSS - This is actually another gun I intend to save up for (either this one or the 11FCNS), but it will be next years season before I can get it and it will be in the 300WSM.

The last three (Howa, Tika, and Savage) are all guns I have looked at but considered out of my current price range since I have not been able to find them for under 500$ unless i shop on craigslist or some other used auction type gun site.

Back to my original 4? any experience with them?

Okie76
i personally own three Remington model 700's they are a 300 win mag, 7mm mag, and a 270 all of them were less than $800 dollars that's including all the fees and sales tax that i have on them in Pennsylvania. i personally vouch for the model 700 its by far the best when it comes to reliability, comfortability and weight. i also have a Remington 7600 6mm which until recently the 7600 is just as good as the model 700's only the 7600 is a pump instead of a bolt action. the 7600 are easier on the pocket book as well.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you both. You don't need to shoot the high $$$ ammo either. Try the blue box federal. I have lots of experience with the 25 06, and have never needed to track anything that I have shot with it. Works great for everything from mice to moose. I shoot the 120 grain Speer, and it plain works.