Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

WTB: Left Hand Bolt Action Rifle for My Teen

Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default WTB: Left Hand Bolt Action Rifle for My Teen

I am looking to see what might be available for my 13 year old son. He is a southpaw and I'd like him to have a true lefty rifle. To be clear, I am just looking to see what guys may have in their safe. Only reply to this thread if you understand that I am just shopping around at this time - - I don't want to make anyone nuts!

He will mostly be hunting whitetail in the northeast with the potential of coming across a black bear. I am considering the following calibers: 7mm-08, 243 Win, 25-06 and 260 Rem. While he has not been recoil shy, I am trying to keep the recoil to a minimum, so he "wants" to shoot at the range. I realize I could go for a heavier caliber and use Remington Managed Recoil (I do NOT reload rifle cartridges), but that can make shooting at the range rather expensive.

I'd like to spend under $500.

Perhaps someone has a safe queen they'd like to have a kid shoot or a rifle that their own kid has outgrown. Please pm me with photos and your asking price.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Spike

I have a lefthanded Browning aboltII micro-hunter in 243, it is posted for sale on this site at $635 if you search for it. I also have a lefthanded near new Ruger Hawkeye in 7mm-08. If interested let me know and I will get you some pictures and prices. Thanks
Old 07-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Fork Horn

Pm sent to husk243 with a question
Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Still Looking
Old 08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Our search is over!

Just picked up a real nice Savage 116!