Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

which do u prefer 270 or 7mm mag

Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

i have to go with the 7mm,
ill have to break it to my old 30-06(721)and tell her she aint as accurate as shes been shooting
Old 07-15-2011, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
...the only difference was that the 6mm rem had alot more bang flops ...RR
Silly RR, don't you know that 6mms are for kids? (j/k). .243 is the bang-flop king in my battery, too.

The 7mm is certainly a respectable caliber, so is the .270. I'd take a .280 over either one for general hunting use, but given this pairing I'd probably lean more toward the .270.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by homers brother
Silly RR, don't you know that 6mms are for kids? (j/k). .243 is the bang-flop king in my battery, too.

The 7mm is certainly a respectable caliber, so is the .270. I'd take a .280 over either one for general hunting use, but given this pairing I'd probably lean more toward the .270.
I have to agree, my first rifle was a Ruger M77 Chambered in the 6mm rem. I saw more deer droped in there tracks with that rifle than any other gun I have ever owned.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

yeppers i have to agree with bronko the blast from the past on the 7 is a little brutle , i only use mine when i am hunting zombies , dont get me wrong but of all the rifles i own the 7 stays in the barn the most , i might sound old , but when i first bought the dang thing , i was 30 IT HURT THEN ! LOL good luc !
Old 07-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

i have a .270 and my dad has a 7mm. The only difference i can tell is i think the 7mm has more recoil, just a tad. they both shoot accurately and get the job done. All we hunt is deer with them so it doesnt make a difference.