Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Favorite .22 for under $250?

Old 03-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

A bolt savage .22 is good.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by curtism1234
If you hunt and this is your first 22, a bolt, lever gun, or pump is the only way to go because it will be killing game in the dead of winter long after semi-auto owners wrap their gun around a tree from all the misfires and jammed shots.

A Marlin bolt action is the best gun for the money, any money just not the under $250 pricing point.

The 900 series of guns are likely to go on clearance once the new models of Marlin rimfires (with adjustable triggers) hit the market. You should be able to pick up a 925 (clip fed) or a 980 (tube fed) for like $125 if you can time it right. Otherwise, the new model of rifles will be very reasonable as well.

A Marlin bolt is what I'd get with a Savage bolt a close 2nd.
Not true. I only had misfire problems one time. And it was due to my Clip being worn out, it wans't loading them up in right. I hunt with mine all year long. And routinely go through 500 shots on weekends shooting. Love my 10/.22's.
-Jake