Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new Browning B78--scope bases

Old 03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default new Browning B78--scope bases

Who can tell me what company or supplier has scope bases for a Browning B78 high wall? The rifle itself isn't listed on Brownings web site, let alone bases--from some of the other forums I've heard Leopold, Burris--thought I'd ask some of you before I start really cruising the net-----thanks John
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

You might look at Leupold or Burris webpage. I'm pretty sure that Leupold has them as I got my bases for my lowwall from them.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

KT29, thank you---I had been checking out a forum earlier that was a Browning oriented forum, lots of photos of the B78's with scopes on them, and Leupold and Burris were both mentioned at one point so I'll bet your advice is right on the money--thanks again and I'll check them out---John
Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

No problem. Those B78's are one fine looking and performing rifle. I always wanted one in a 6MM Rem. Did shoot one in a 22-250. It was a very accurate rifle. Enjoy yours.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the bases for the 1885 will also work on the B78. I've had mine in 30-06 for over 35 years. It still shoots into an inch at 100 yd.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Nice rifles I had two 25-06 and a 270, both were stolen. Sad day that was. Both shot really really well.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a B78, but a low wall in .243. It has Leupy bases and rings. Same thing only different.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

About two years ago, I found the first one in a local shop, 45-70, and a good friend out west talked me out of it. Recently he sold it back to me so this will be the hog rifle for down south, [single shot, exposed hammer, primitive caliber], as per the Louisiana regs, and I'll just use the iron sights,-- but the one I just ordered is in 06 so I'll be putting a scope on it for the deer. As soon as I have the gun in hand and can measure the distance between the scope ring positions, that will help decide which bases will work the best. It also looks like I may have the same situation with the High Wall that is common to the number 1's, in that you have to get at least one offset ring to move the scope back far enough to use--seems to be a common problem with the single shot falling block design due to the very short action. The only complaint I saw on the Browning forum was that the trigger is sometimes a little rough and that adjustments on them are very difficult--I imagine I'll learn to use it just fine the way it is--I'll post some photos when I get them set up--thanks again for the good suggestions------
Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Finding an original Browning bases may be somewhat difficult.
For your rifle you can purchase the Leupold Standard 2 piece base,
part# 50012. You should be able to get them through any gun store or online through places like SWFA, Optics Planet, probably even Cabela's. Can't remember who I bought mine from anymore.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

KT29, do you know if these Leupold bases are listed as being correct for a Browning High Wall? Leupold was mentioned as the bases on some of the High Walls on the other forum so I'll bet your right--thanks for the info---John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.