Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

2 copies of your permit

Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 2 copies of your permit

When they mailed me my permit I was in florida, my mom said she got it in the mail and when she got to florida she did not have it. SO I called my brother nope not at home. I called the office and they said it would be pink. So I asked my mom was it pink and she said no. So I figured I did not get it and had them send a replacement. When I got home to indiana it was there. So now I have to copies, no biggy their both the same permit number and everything. Here is my question

Would it be ok if I got stopped and had two copies on me? My thought is stick one in my safe in florida should I loose my wallet AGAIN I will not have to stop carrying until I get a new one or get home to indiana.

A friend said if I got caught with both on me I could get in trouble is that true?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure that they are truly identical. The number might be the same, but if there's a bar code or magnetic strip the first one is probably invalid. If they are the same just lock one away, no reason to have both in your possession.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

There as idenical as two peices of paper could be, numbers experasion dates, everything down to my name is the same, indiana is in the stone age our permits are paper with nothing but name height weight start and exp date and such.
I am going to lock one away, it would be like when I lost my wallet and had both copies of my driver license in it. I know that ant ok with indiana but I lost one then found it. yes the old one is valid because I gave it up on a stop once as I left my secure ID at home.
Originally Posted by Centaur 1
Make sure that they are truly identical. The number might be the same, but if there's a bar code or magnetic strip the first one is probably invalid. If they are the same just lock one away, no reason to have both in your possession.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

No reason to have both on you. I can almost promise you that if you handed both to a LEO on a traffic stop, your probably not getting one back.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya I had a friend who lost his indiana license in ky, they moved and he keep his IN license, I guess for his indiana fishing license. When he handed his wallet to a trooper in ky he asked so do you want your ky or indiana license back
I had both driver license in my wallet cause I picked the second one up when we left for florida and forgot to stick it back in my safe
Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
No reason to have both on you. I can almost promise you that if you handed both to a LEO on a traffic stop, your probably not getting one back.