Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how stupid can you be, I mean come on

Old 03-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default how stupid can you be, I mean come on

Ok I went to walmart and did a money gram, the whole time up front with my glock on my belt with my shirt half over it. No one said a word, gave me a second look, not even the manager.

I walk to the sporting good counter to check on their ammo stock. Was checking to see if they sell had 9mm and 45s, no 45s though.
While I sat there leaning over the counter looking I felt someone or something brush my gun. Out of reflex I put my hand on it and felt someones hand pulling around.
I turned around and some guy was standing alittle to close I said can I help you SIR? He said ohh no I was checking to see if that was a gun thinking your joking me right!!!

I asked why are you a security guard or a off duty cop, he said nope, just a concerned citizen . I said with all due respect it is not polite or safe to walk up to someone and felt their "gun". He said you know that illegal right, I said no SIR it is not. He said do you have a permit I said maybe maybe not. He then goes about telling me how it is illegal to carry inside a place that sells alcohol, I said no SIR it is not, Then says well you can not just wear it on your belt it is intimidation. I said again with all due respect no SIR it is not, Indiana allows a a person with a handgun license to carry concealed or open. He said so ohh you do have a permit, I said maybe.

He said ever so close, well you know it ant safe to carry like that because some one could easily remove your weapon and use it. I said SIR it is in a secure holster and if someone feels the need to try, they might not want to inform the person of their intentions. He took a step back and said well have a nice day.

Honestly I can not figure it out, I am wondering if he was trying to bait me into drawing for some reason. Just totally pissed off I was carrying or just a cop wanna be trying to see if I was legal.

I thought about calling the cops but like the cashier at the sporting goods desk said not like they would care

I guess he makes ??????? of the day

Last edited by JW; 03-13-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Watch the language.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

That guy had no business interfearing if he was not a law peace officer. Your were much easier going than I would have been. Jim
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

around here you have to be, small town, never know who is related to who. I am guess he was baiting me, a anti gun guy, some idoit, maybe see if I would draw and shoot me with his gun, hell I do not know. seems odd, best he not knock on my door one day
I figured he was off duty LE at first, then figure security, odd walmart ant got it around here.

Reminds me of the guy the other day who said ohh what you want a 9mm it is to small, I said sure but 17 little holes are better then 2 big ones. LOL

SOme people around here are just dumb I guess
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
That guy had no business interfearing if he was not a law peace officer. Your were much easier going than I would have been. Jim

Last edited by JW; 03-13-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:00 PM
JW
Super Moderator

That will be the last time I edit your posts at all.
and I will give you rule number again since

1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings
JW
Old 03-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

wont happen again, I did not realize the using the * was now a no no, or maybe it has always been. Sorry buddy

Originally Posted by JW!
That will be the last time I edit your posts at all.
and I will give you rule number again since

1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings
JW
Old 03-14-2011, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going to be devils advocate here. It may be legal to open carry there, however it isnt always the smartest thing. What that guy was doing was pointing out, Hey buddy, if I was a bad guy, you'd be target numero uno. May not happen at the gunshop, but if you were at walmart, or some other store, and a robber can easily see your piece, as it appears it can be seen, you'll get a double tap to the chest before he even says a word. Element of surprise is your friend, not openly showing.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do not disagree, nor do I agree, I think your right, if I came in a store and saw ther 6'5 490 pound guy standing there armed he would be the first to go. It has not been a issue to conceal it, though it prints through my shirt. I had left my coat in the car and it normally does away with the printing, I think it was more of why are you carrying a gun, then why are you open carry. IT started off why do you have a gun and when I explained that he went to why can I see it, to well someone might take it. Guess I would rather be target one then some old lady, though a normal robbery could turn into a shoot out should they see the weapon.
Originally Posted by streetglideok
I'm going to be devils advocate here. It may be legal to open carry there, however it isnt always the smartest thing. What that guy was doing was pointing out, Hey buddy, if I was a bad guy, you'd be target numero uno. May not happen at the gunshop, but if you were at walmart, or some other store, and a robber can easily see your piece, as it appears it can be seen, you'll get a double tap to the chest before he even says a word. Element of surprise is your friend, not openly showing.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey thanks BT6656 - not a problem........

JW
Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

From what you said, the guy was asking alot of questions that would put anyone in a defensive mindset, and I dont blame you for not liking his interrogation either. My suggestion is, try not to display it when possible, and use the open carry right to protect yourself incase your shirt pulls up etc. It is funny though, getting drilled about a gun, in a gun shop, what the heck, right?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

well not so much a gun shop, just the sporting goods counter at walmart. I do know one guy who was turned away from the local gun shop when the owner asked if his gun was loaded and he asked him to unloaded, when my buddy said no the guy asked him to leave. I do see alittle safety thing there, should he need to look at it for a trade in and such.

When I was at gander and I was checking out 9mms I pulled my 45 out unloaded it and sat in on the counter, all the time getting a look from the guy at the desk, kind of you know that should be unloaded right.

Heck I think there is when you need to carry, 5 guys wanting the same box of ammo and only one left, now that is a wild west moment.
Originally Posted by streetglideok
From what you said, the guy was asking alot of questions that would put anyone in a defensive mindset, and I dont blame you for not liking his interrogation either. My suggestion is, try not to display it when possible, and use the open carry right to protect yourself incase your shirt pulls up etc. It is funny though, getting drilled about a gun, in a gun shop, what the heck, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.