Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how stupid can you be, I mean come on

Old 03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Z
Can't say I'd be too happy if a stranger touched my gun anywhere anytime. However, stores are not public property and you're subject to obey store policy or you could be asked to leave. It's my understanding that walmart is a concealed carry only store (assuming you are lawfully allowed in the area); no open carry allowed, except for law enforcement.
Walmarts here in KS (at least a dozen stores from one end of the state to the other) have the standard "no weapons" placards in their windows (black pistol with red "no-good" slashed circle).

Even in states where carrying is legal, you can still be cited for carrying if it makes too much of a fuss in town. In my own personal experience, shortly after moving to K-state for college, I was cited for "creating a public nuisance". I was LEGALLY openly carrying, but people called the police about "a guy with a gun downtown". I hadn't had complaints from business owners, but apparently someone had called the police without confronting me. The first time, the officers just "recommended" I didn't carry in public, since it "freaks people out", but the second time-over a month later, when they ran my ID and the found out about the FIRST incident report, they cited me. It didn't affect my ability to carry, own guns, or get a CCW permit, but it did put a dent in my pocket book. It was basically the same charge as if I were a crazy man out in the street screaming. Enough of these citations and it could have added up to a "real" charge, so I just decided to give up open carry in public and carry concealed.

Additionally, in Kansas, there is no such thing as "semi-concealed". The requirement is that either it IS VISIBLE AND STAYS VISIBLE throughout a typical range of activities and movements or it IS CONCEALED AND STAYS CONCEALED. Permitted carriers can be cited for failing to keep their guns concealed, and open carriers can be arrested for attempting to conceal their weapons. Fully open is fine, and fully covered is fine (with a permit), but never the two shall meet.

Let's be honest, it's not that hard of a system. If you really want to carry openly, then carry FULLY openly, and expect a lot of hassle. If you want to carry without a headache, then carry concealed, and keep it covered.