Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

a few months planning on my next gun

Old 03-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default a few months planning on my next gun

My plan and hope is to get me a new toy say aug sept. My glock 17 is already 2 weeks old and I need a new toy
I have the mossberg 500 28 inch smooth bore
glock 17 and 21
tc triumph
ruger 10/22

I am thinking one of the following and will put this in rifle and hand gun groups, I am thinking rifle but might go with a third handgun

Rifles
AR platform either 7.62 or 5.56 bushmaster or dpms
bolt action hunting/ hit something from far away
ak47 need I say more
thompson semi/ maybe full if I hit the lotto
semi auto shot gun for home defense and well fun

Handguns
berreta m9 or 92fs
S&W 357 mag need I say more
go find the guy I sold my first hand gun to and buy it back, IWANT IT

My handgun list is short, only a few more I want the 357 for carry the m9 because I want one, as far as rifles I put the ak and Ar at the top of my list, fun to shoot, plus good defense guns. Plus fun to shoot, also like the idea of a tommy gun, wanted one since I was a kid.

What do you think, or should I deck out the 10,22 tactical style, buy a **** load of 9mms 45s and a new safe, my little sentry is already to dam small
Old 03-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tim,

Don't take this the wrong way, but this seems to be a seasonal dilemma you find yourself in.

Given your concerns over theft, you'd probably be better off spending your money on a REAL safe, not just a lockable steel cabinet. Not only can you store your firearms more securely, but any other valuables you might have.

Otherwise, I think some of the questions you're asking do little more than distract you from your original purpose. A wise person once told me to "listen more, talk less". There are volumes of information out there on the internet regarding nearly every question you've asked - use the search keys more often, read what people are saying and process it before you start asking questions. If you're going to act on any of that information, then act - don't spin around with it to the the point you find yourself asking the same questions a year later.

You really need to find some direction and focus. You have over 6000 posts here. Have you figured out the holster issue yet, or how far away to stand from your target, now that you've moved on to buying more guns? Truly, I've lost track. You tend to bounce around here like a short dog in high weeds.

If you're truly stuck on a problem and need some advice before you can proceed toward a solution, by all means ask the question. Right now, it really looks more like you're just thinking out loud, looking for some discussion that's been posted before and which you've participated in.

Last summer, a friend put together a tactical bolt gun that turned out to be one heckuva prairie dog-killer. I'd never known him to be interested in anything beyond his 1911 before that. Asked who built it for him, he told us that he did it himself. He related that he'd read up on long-range and precision-rifle shooting in print and on the internet and monitored a number of internet (sniper) forums. I vaguely remember him asking me a couple questions about calibers and he was very interested when another friend and I were running two competing exterior ballistics programs against each other at the range one day, but otherwise - he just went out and did it - and he did it very well.

My advice to you is simply this. Look around you and figure out what projects or interests you have. Prioritize them. Come up with a plan for each. Stay focused on the most important until you're satisfied with the result and can move on to the next. Right now, it seems that you have so many irons in the fire that you never really resolve anything?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Spike

1. There is a symbol next the number which determines what prestige you are. What I do to check what prestige i am is i look at my callsigns. For example if i have the "3rd times the charm" then i expect that i am 3rd prestige. Other then that i dont know how else to figure that out unless you know all the symbols.

2. Camo is camouflage that you put on your guns. You unlock them by getting headshots with the gun you want camo for. To select your camo..you select a gun then the attachment and then the camo.

3.Well i dont know any guns that shoot a "fireball" but it might just be one of the Launchers(which you can find on your secondarys) Or it might be the grenade launcher attachment for a gun. The assault rifles are the guns that have this attachments. But you might need to unlock it first.
===========
Area Bebas Berkreasi dan Berbagi. B
event management
Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

You make a goods point, I do have a safe, I bought one of the sentry safes last winter, well got it for xmas, not the best but for 300 bucks it does the job. Now with two homes I now need a second one, might end up being what I do, the way I see it I now need a rifle well want one, something like a ar ak, just something fun to shoot, home defense and such. Plus every person should have one AR.

Not to sound to crazy I think one solution to the theft thing is cameras, not a end all solution but it puts a face to the person.

I would say it is seasonal seem every year at the start and end of hunting season I find my self with the new gun itch, though this fall it did not get scratched till I bought my glock 17.

I thought about the better bigger safe thing. Not a bad idea, should I go that way it will be with some fire protection and alot more room, with one glock a 22, 12 ga, and my muzzleloader in there, the sentry 12 or 14 gun not sure which is not big enough really, ad the new glock and say a Ar and I am out of room. Thought it would make a good safe for florida and get a nice say something like this, though not as costly
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
Originally Posted by homers brother
Tim,

Don't take this the wrong way, but this seems to be a seasonal dilemma you find yourself in.

Given your concerns over theft, you'd probably be better off spending your money on a REAL safe, not just a lockable steel cabinet. Not only can you store your firearms more securely, but any other valuables you might have.

Otherwise, I think some of the questions you're asking do little more than distract you from your original purpose. A wise person once told me to "listen more, talk less". There are volumes of information out there on the internet regarding nearly every question you've asked - use the search keys more often, read what people are saying and process it before you start asking questions. If you're going to act on any of that information, then act - don't spin around with it to the the point you find yourself asking the same questions a year later.

You really need to find some direction and focus. You have over 6000 posts here. Have you figured out the holster issue yet, or how far away to stand from your target, now that you've moved on to buying more guns? Truly, I've lost track. You tend to bounce around here like a short dog in high weeds.

If you're truly stuck on a problem and need some advice before you can proceed toward a solution, by all means ask the question. Right now, it really looks more like you're just thinking out loud, looking for some discussion that's been posted before and which you've participated in.

Last summer, a friend put together a tactical bolt gun that turned out to be one heckuva prairie dog-killer. I'd never known him to be interested in anything beyond his 1911 before that. Asked who built it for him, he told us that he did it himself. He related that he'd read up on long-range and precision-rifle shooting in print and on the internet and monitored a number of internet (sniper) forums. I vaguely remember him asking me a couple questions about calibers and he was very interested when another friend and I were running two competing exterior ballistics programs against each other at the range one day, but otherwise - he just went out and did it - and he did it very well.

My advice to you is simply this. Look around you and figure out what projects or interests you have. Prioritize them. Come up with a plan for each. Stay focused on the most important until you're satisfied with the result and can move on to the next. Right now, it seems that you have so many irons in the fire that you never really resolve anything?