Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ok try once shame on you try twice well shame on you

Old 03-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
normally our stuff is locked up nice and tight. .
I'm afraid that there aren't all that many locks, short of those on a vault, that are going to foil a determined thief.

My concern for you here is that by the way you've described it, you're already a plum target. I'd be moving a lot of stuff very quickly at this point. You may not be the only party carrying the next time you have to confront them.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

you make good points, we are moving well semi moving to florida, we have most everything down there now, just some odds and ends. Could be a 14 year old cousin, which would be no threat, but I would not put the stealing past him. We have our yard light well, motion lights on the front back of the garage, and the back of the house, the on the house does not work right though. You can bet if it happens again I will be alittle more careful.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Lots of interesting laws out there that folks need to keep themselves aware of, especially when packing. For example, did you know that you're in violation of the law if you have a weapon in your vehicle when you drive through the post office parking lot to drop off your mail in the outside box, even if it's in a locked case in your trunk?

39 CFR 232.1
Title 39 - Postal Service
Chapter I - United States Postal Service
Subchapter D - Organization and Administration
Part 232 - Conduct on Postal Property
232.1 - Conduct on Postal Property.

Paragraph L

(l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.
Paragraph L

(l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

If it's in a Locked Glove compartment or in the Trunk, it's not considered Carrying!

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 03-11-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

What about STORE THEM THE SAME so where does it fall between open and concealed, I would guess where ever the federal judge wants it to
Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
Paragraph L

If it's in a Locked Glove compartment or in the Trunk, it's not considered Carrying!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ohh I can get around it being in my car at the post office, I can park on the steel, LOL:
Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
you make good points, we are moving well semi moving to florida, we have most everything down there now, just some odds and ends. Could be a 14 year old cousin, which would be no threat, but I would not put the stealing past him. We have our yard light well, motion lights on the front back of the garage, and the back of the house, the on the house does not work right though. You can bet if it happens again I will be alittle more careful.
If you think your stuff will be any safer in Florida, you are sadly mistaken. I lived in Orlando Florida for over 15 years, I still have most of my family living there, The crime rate there is amongst the highest in the nation, that is why I moved. When I lived there, I owned 4 pit bulls, two Rottwielers, and a boxer, and a house full of guns. The dogs were there to keep my stuff from walking off, and my guns were incase I had a home envader that by some chance managed to get by my dogs. I dont know how it is in Indiana, but it doesnt even compare to Florida.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

You should have called the police the first time you saw them and they ran.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ohh I know, not moving there for the crime rate, more for the sun and fun. We are in key largo, so not as bad as orlando. It is a good neighbor hood where we rented the house, not upscale, but not low income. Seems everyone is nice and calm. The nieghbor told me they have had some issues with B and E but not to much, here or there like any town.
Here in indiana it is a small town, though we have our meth, drunks, teenagers and the pro criminal every so often. FOr the most part things are normal, though I have seen a increase in robbers and home invasion, mainly for pills and such.

My mom and brother came in on someone in our house in nov, every pill bottle had been checked and put down cap up, I guess to know which ones they checked, they had my xbox and all the games stacked up, my brothers computer out and my moms labtop and tower set out. They guy went out the front door when they came in. My guess is someone knew what they were doing, no windows broke(door unlocked) nothing was busted just stacked up all nice and ready to go, my guess is one guy stacks it up the other pulls up and their gone in 5 minutes. That next monday I applied for my CC permit
Originally Posted by fritz1
If you think your stuff will be any safer in Florida, you are sadly mistaken. I lived in Orlando Florida for over 15 years, I still have most of my family living there, The crime rate there is amongst the highest in the nation, that is why I moved. When I lived there, I owned 4 pit bulls, two Rottwielers, and a boxer, and a house full of guns. The dogs were there to keep my stuff from walking off, and my guns were incase I had a home envader that by some chance managed to get by my dogs. I dont know how it is in Indiana, but it doesnt even compare to Florida.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would not disagree, though our local cops are well less then attentive when it comes to doing their job, I figured it was my cousin who had stolen my brothers amp and reasons for why they came back. He is not the smartest kid. Plus he knows where everything is and how to avoid the motion lights. I did go down to his house that night and played off like I was stopping by to say high and he was not home two days later when his step dad and I was talking I told him what happen, he said why did you not shoot them I HAD NO REASON TO REALLY WELL LEGAL REASONING, he said heck might have been Thomas, I said and told the boy later, better not be, never know when a simple "looking around might turn into someone getting shot.

I did tell him my new car stereo was 700 bucks, when he said I like it, I said i Jerry rigged it so if someone tries to steal it a car alarm goes off and it blows up in their face, he looked at me with a dumb look, and now will not even open my jeep door when I am standing there.
Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
You should have called the police the first time you saw them and they ran.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

you know at least calling the law would have shown a pattern should they return and something go down.