Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Value Assistance

Old 03-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Value Assistance

May not be the correct place to ask, but ... I have come across a Winchester Model 88 chambererd in 358 Win. It appears to not have been fired. Not a scratch on any part, including the clip. Looks like an original factory rifle sling. Bore and all metal is absolutely pristine. Stock is checkered. I do not have a "Blue Book" and would hope some one that reads this does, and would give me the current Blue Book "value". Thanks.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
May not be the correct place to ask, but ... I have come across a Winchester Model 88 chambererd in 358 Win. It appears to not have been fired. Not a scratch on any part, including the clip. Looks like an original factory rifle sling. Bore and all metal is absolutely pristine. Stock is checkered. I do not have a "Blue Book" and would hope some one that reads this does, and would give me the current Blue Book "value". Thanks.
.... OK.. Hang onto your hat! My 31st edition of the 'Blue Book" (current) lists the Model 88 Win. in .358 Win. (1956-1962) at:
100 %--- $3750
98%---- $3350
95%---- $2750
90% --- $2100
80% --- $1800
70% --- $1400
60% --- $1000

.... They have really taken off. The .358 is by FAR the leader of the pack in the 88's as far as collector worth.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks a bunch. I figured it might be up there but nothing like this. Wow! Had no idea !!! I am not an appraiser, but I'd guess that this rifle is all but NIB ... certainly not less than 98%. I almost hate to say this, the price I paid the guy which was what he settled for based upon these values was just short of robbery.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Thanks a bunch. I figured it might be up there but nothing like this. Wow! Had no idea !!! I am not an appraiser, but I'd guess that this rifle is all but NIB ... certainly not less than 98%. I almost hate to say this, the price I paid the guy which was what he settled for based upon these values was just short of robbery.
.... Wow!! Glad you got it. Period. I learned my lesson YEARS ago about buying at gunshows. I passed up a Colt/Sauer drilling, 12x12 with a .243 under. $3200.00. They are almost unavailable today, and I've been kicking you-know-what since.... Good for you...