Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Am I the only one who wants a 375 H&H?

Old 02-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Am I the only one who wants a 375 H&H?

in stainless action/barrel 22-24" with iron sights?

with a synthetic stock?

and controlled feed?

the only one on the market I have found is the kimber talkeetna.

Why doesn't CZ or Winchester make one?
When will they?

Sometimes I feel like factory rifles are so far from what I want, who's designing these guns?

sako kodiak has a 21 1/4" a bit short IMO, and a laminate stock.

What's your perfect 375 H&H barrel length??

the .375 ruger has a 20" stainless/synthetic version, are they controlled feed?

If you're bored, send CZ an email suggesting they build this rifle...
stainless action&barrel 22-24"
synthetic stock
http://www.cz-usa.com/contact-us/

Last edited by salukipv1; 02-28-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think the perfect barrel lenghth would be 24 maybe 25 inches.Why more Factory Firearm don't do SS and synthetic in this cal is beyond me.When one thinks what must be offered in a .375 H&H
for it to sell sucessfully these , would certainly meet the criteria.
When I think of .375 H&H I think of Northern and Alaskan bear hunts
African safaries. In fact when I retire it will be Alaska and then fly to Africa the next day.Yeah they'd sell, no excuse for this not to at all.
Huge money maker.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I picked up a Remington 798 in 375H&H. Its the same imported bolt action that has worn the name charles daly and interarms I believe. Its a true mauser action, very much like the newer rugers and winchesters. Got it for a song, with iron sights and a nice laminated stock, but it is blued. Its 26" barrel is a tad long IMO, I think 23-24" is about right for a 375. I looked at the Ruger Alaskan, and I liked it, though I think a little longer barrel would do it good. Winchester has made a stainless/synthetic combo at one time, so if you look around, you may find one. They dont kick that bad at all, as long as its at the right weight. I think its more versatile then the 30'06, and everyone should own two or three!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

CZ DOES make one and yes I'd like one too. (It's not stainless though and has a wood stock but that's what I'd want). Only problem is I can't afford the guides to go use it on anything.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...1&merchID=4006
Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets see, big, heavy hunting rifle with immense recoil, hard to find/expensive ammo, and absolutely useless for just about anything Id hunt on this side of the globe...Ill take 3!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Every wife would rather have a full mount brown bear than a mini van

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
CZ DOES make one and yes I'd like one too. (It's not stainless though and has a wood stock but that's what I'd want). Only problem is I can't afford the guides to go use it on anything.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...1&merchID=4006
Old 02-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a .338 WM, so if I ever need anymore than that, I must be going to Africa.

In which case I'll be buying a .416 RM.

http://www.reloadbench.com/cartridges/416rm.html
Old 03-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Learn to make your own and you can have one like this but just the way you want it!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Ive never had a problem finding ammo for mine, though I roll my own for it exclusively. Now if you shop exclusively at walmart for all your gun needs, you wont find it, but then people who own a 375 dont shop just there, lol. If you go to the dark continent, the H&H is found everywhere, its the '06 over there. Recoil, if you shoot 12ga hunting loads, then its a non-issue. If you cant tote a 8.5-9lb rifle on a sling, then you need to get a stairmaster,lol, unless you are disabled, etc. Its urban legend that its so immensely powerful, when infact its pretty easy to handle, the H&H feeds like a dream and extracts even better, and is used on deer sized game and bigger with less meat damage(due to slower velocities) then alot of the smaller cal magnums.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

I like mine in a Ruger No 1. I never understood the concept of over powered one day and not enough gun the next. Some say standard calibers are not big enough for moose and elk yet a 375 H&H is too much gun for those types of animals. And yet again those that want a supermag yet their max range is 300yards or less, I'd say the 375 H&H was built just for that. Not to be totally sarcastic but if your going to worry about thumping an animal why not really thump it and use a 375 H&H or bigger. And if you find and old Winchester Safari Grade that's a good rifle. Watch the floor plates on some manufacturer's or you may only get one shot anyways the rest will be on the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.