Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Jimenez

Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Jimenez

anyone got a thought on weather or not Jimenez is a good gun
I have a friend who has a buddy wanting to sell me one.

Also if it is worth having, it is a 9mm black with 2 mags and 50 rounds of 9mm and 25 rounds through the gun, he does not really have a price but needs the money bad, I was thinking 100 to 150, likely 100. Is that to much

Also is this a reliable gun, would you CC it, thinking it would work for those florida days when I ant fishing,hunting or camping and must be CC.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

RUN! Everything I've heard about these is that they are garbage, and I'm not one to bash cheep guns... I've even been known to stick up for Hi-points now and then...
But seriously, everything I've heard is that they are garbage. Made in Nevada I believe, and it's a shame that an American company is making something this bad.
-Jake
Old 02-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never owned or shot one....handled a few at gun shows....not impressed....would not buy one myself.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

my first thought was a small carry gun, since he said his buddy was looking for 300, then when he said it was from the local shop(small) and sells hi crap(point), and the cheapo 22s I begin to wonder, after we looked them up he said he thought he would do 100 maybe 150, but even for a blinker I do not want it jamming and such, and for 100 bucks I want something I would carry, now real cheap like 75 I might think about it. Might turn it on to a friend who seems to prefer to buy crap, I am sure my glock might shoot me in the foot for buying it. LOL
Old 02-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

A High Point, while ugly, heavy, inexpensive, etc, isn't crap. They are reliable pistols and while they are fairly priced, they are ugly and heavy. Certainly not crap, but not something as nice as you could get from many other pistols on the market. Although they aren't the price of many others either.

Jimenez on the other hand is pure crap. I'd never even consider buying one, and I'd certainly never carry one in pocket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryco_A...s/Jimenez_Arms

They apparently are made using the molds Bryco Jennings used. Read up on them. They made horrible quality pistols, and were just an all around crappy company. The only experience I've had with a Bryco Jennings, was a buddy had one in 9mm. He wanted me to shoot it with it. I'd read online how they are borderline unsafe so I refused and stood way back while he shot it. He shot a magazine or two through it just fine. The next time I talked to him, he told me he'd gone to shoot it once more and the frame had broken on it. They sold it to a relative who also had one and the slide on his had broken. They pieced it together to make one. Seeing how big of a piece of crap that thing was made me positive that all the reports of them being crappy I've read online are more than likely the truth. I'd never buy one of these pieces of crap, and I'd certainly never buy anything from a company that operates like Bryco Jennings did.

There is difference between inexpensive and cheap. I love inexpensive stuff as it's stuff that's cheap in price, but decent in quality. While I don't own a High Point they seem to be examples of this. There are several other companies like Marlin, Savage, Ruger, that produce some fairly inexpensive products, but that are great in quality.

Then there is cheap, which is cheap in price and quality and that's what this pistol is.

Last edited by hometheaterman; 02-24-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cheap or not, I'd buy it for a hundred bucks. I would never rely on it to save my life though.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

while I have heard good things about hipoint I owned one for all of 2 days. when we were in ky my dad bought me one and himself a used p95 ruger 45 cal
I went to the range with a box of win FMJ the bulk stuff walmart sells. I had been shooting it through our p89dc for years with no issues and infact the box I had used for the hipoint was a boxc left from a day of shooting the ruger. First 10 rounds went off fine, the 3rd round of the second mag jammed, cleared it and the 5th jammed, figured ok new gun 15 round through it, I WILL CLEAN IT, did and ran half a mag through and she jammed, I ended up running 50 rounds through and having 5to7 rounds jam, 3 coming out 2 going in to the chamber.

The next day I went to the gunstore and said, Sir with all due respect this gun is junk, might be this single one gun but it is junk. Since I had been in there many a times, and he was honest he said I stand behind anything I sell and offered me another hipoint, even offered me the high priced one with the compensator on it for the same money. I opted for a refund and bought some ammo for my other gun. I know a friend who has alot of money and carries a hipoint and swears by it. I just ant putting my life behind it,
Originally Posted by hometheaterman
A High Point, while ugly, heavy, inexpensive, etc, isn't crap. They are reliable pistols and while they are fairly priced, they are ugly and heavy. Certainly not crap, but not something as nice as you could get from many other pistols on the market. Although they aren't the price of many others either.

Jimenez on the other hand is pure crap. I'd never even consider buying one, and I'd certainly never carry one in pocket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryco_A...s/Jimenez_Arms

They apparently are made using the molds Bryco Jennings used. Read up on them. They made horrible quality pistols, and were just an all around crappy company. The only experience I've had with a Bryco Jennings, was a buddy had one in 9mm. He wanted me to shoot it with it. I'd read online how they are borderline unsafe so I refused and stood way back while he shot it. He shot a magazine or two through it just fine. The next time I talked to him, he told me he'd gone to shoot it once more and the frame had broken on it. They sold it to a relative who also had one and the slide on his had broken. They pieced it together to make one. Seeing how big of a piece of crap that thing was made me positive that all the reports of them being crappy I've read online are more than likely the truth. I'd never buy one of these pieces of crap, and I'd certainly never buy anything from a company that operates like Bryco Jennings did.

There is difference between inexpensive and cheap. I love inexpensive stuff as it's stuff that's cheap in price, but decent in quality. While I don't own a High Point they seem to be examples of this. There are several other companies like Marlin, Savage, Ruger, that produce some fairly inexpensive products, but that are great in quality.

Then there is cheap, which is cheap in price and quality and that's what this pistol is.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

how about 125 plus shipping LOL
Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Cheap or not, I'd buy it for a hundred bucks. I would never rely on it to save my life though.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you think a Hi Point is junk, you will hate a Jimenez as it's 100x worse.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Jimenez Arms, also known as "J.A.", is an American firearms manufacturer based in Henderson in Nevada. The company was started in August 2004 using the molds and machinery from bankrupt Bryco Arms and currently makes four models of firearm.

From Youtube

View My Video

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 02-25-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.