Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

gun holster fanny pack

Old 02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default gun holster fanny pack

With florida crazy no open carry law

I am looking for the right way to CC my dam glock 21 CANNON

I am thinking a and god help me a fanny pack, anyone carry a big pistol in a fanny pack.

Not sure a in the small of the back or inside the waist band will work with the 21 or my 6'5 490 pound frame
Old 02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

sorry man but nothing screams out "im carrying a pistol" to me like a guy with a fannypack...........either that or its screaming out something else equally unappealing.

have you looked at some of the sling carry backpacks? I have a couple maxpedition packs and they are pretty small profile but have an easy to get to ccw compartment.......check out the gearslinger sitka
Old 02-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
sorry man but nothing screams out "im carrying a pistol" to me like a guy with a fannypack...........either that or its screaming out something else equally unappealing.

have you looked at some of the sling carry backpacks? I have a couple maxpedition packs and they are pretty small profile but have an easy to get to ccw compartment.......check out the gearslinger sitka
Yeah maybe, but in Florida we have tourists with fanny packs all over. I've had one for years (esp. to wear in hot weather with shorts and T-shirts) for Glocks, Ruger SP101, etc. Put some touristity logos or do-dads on it so it won't look gunny. For mucho comfort, the IWB's suck. I use a Simply Rugged OWB for my 1911. Just dress with a long, baggy T-shirt. Remember, concealed means hidden...no printing or flashing when bending, reaching or moving. Good luck.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote

I have to second that.

I have somewhere around here a couple fanny packs. I tried them a couple times. I felt so out of place in public wearing one. I could sense everyone knew I was carrying. Yes it's concealed but you are still drawing attention.The less people know the better off you are.

Personally of it were me I'd look for a different way of concealing it.

I lived in FL for 40 years and then some. I don't remember seeing that many men using them. Maybe by the Orlando attractions you see more of it. I avoided the Orlando area.

Last edited by Ruger-Redhawk; 02-24-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends upon the fanny pack. If you go with a FP specifically made for a pistol then yes it will definately scream "I'm carrying!!" On the other hand if you go with some generic FP then you only look like a dork. I use a no name Wal-mart fanny pack. It is as ugly as sin and does not exactly impress the ladies, but it holds my SP101 very nicely. I am 44 years old and married, so I am willing to trade fashion sense for concealed carry convenience.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was wondering if printing was ok or not, by printing you mean the outline pushing out on your shirt right
Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Yeah maybe, but in Florida we have tourists with fanny packs all over. I've had one for years (esp. to wear in hot weather with shorts and T-shirts) for Glocks, Ruger SP101, etc. Put some touristity logos or do-dads on it so it won't look gunny. For mucho comfort, the IWB's suck. I use a Simply Rugged OWB for my 1911. Just dress with a long, baggy T-shirt. Remember, concealed means hidden...no printing or flashing when bending, reaching or moving. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remember, concealed means hidden...no printing or flashing when bending, reaching or moving
It is for this reason I am looking at getting a Ruger LCP. The .380 may not be the ideal man stopper but if you can conceal a cell phone you can conceal an LCP.