Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T/C Contender Bullet Selection????

Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default T/C Contender Bullet Selection????

I just picked up a T/C contender pistol chambered in 30-30. It has a 14" barrel and I installed leupold bases and rings with a (temporary) simmons 2-6x32 pistol scope. Anyway I have shot it with 125 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips, 130gr Hornady SP, 150gr Nosler Ballistic tips, and 165gr Sierra Gamekings (all hand loads). Only having the gun 2 weeks and 2 range sessions all above bullets weights (loads) group 1.5" or better at 75yards. I know I can tune the loads some more and probably shoot hole for hole granted the man behind it can do so . Actually with the 165gr sierra gamekings I already can put 5 shots you can cover with a nickel. Anyway i am worried the 165gr bullet may be too heavy for a 30-30 with a 14" barrel and I am afraid when hunting next year the bullet will not have velocity to preform correctly. I am leaning towards the 125gr Nosler and the 130gr Hornady. I am new to the single shot pistols chambered in rifle cartridges and i am hoping to get some advice from some people who have more experience in this because I am about out of bullets and would like to get some advice before I purchase anymore. Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Contender that I normally use with a 14" 30-30 barrel. The 130 Hornady is my best bullet out of this setup.