Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I have the greatest wife .....

Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default I have the greatest wife .....

After looking for a year trying to find a good used rifle in a left handed model I gave up . Deer season rolled around .. ducks ... geese and finally ice fishing just kind of quit looking . My wonderful wife of 21 years goes out and gets me a ruger hawkeye 308 caliber in a left handed bolt action for x-mas
.I am a truly a lucky man .... Now to find a good used scope .... my birthday is coming up soon
Old 12-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats... I'd like to brag about mine a bit, as well... We've been together for almost 25 years. Shortly after we moved into our house in 1987, we were burglarized and the scumbag thief made off with all of my long guns (apparently he didn't find the pistols...). The "safe I had was one of those cheapo wooden deals with sliding glass doors and a sliding lock. I had never even contemplated that all you had to do was lift up the glass in order to pull it out and steal the guns. Shortly thereafter, my lovely wife bought me an 800 lb steel safe which is bolted to the floor of our game room, and a Remmy 700 ADL .30-06. Bonus was that the safe is made to hold 18 guns, and she hasn't complained at all that it is now filled beyond capacity...
Old 12-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

ipscshooter,

I had a similar experience back in the 80s where a friends cousen broke into my house and stole all my guns and my 2 deer mounts .. He was busted but all i got back was my shotgun ,22 mag and my daisy red rider bb-gun.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by nysmoker
ipscshooter,

I had a similar experience back in the 80s where a friends cousen broke into my house and stole all my guns and my 2 deer mounts .. He was busted but all i got back was my shotgun ,22 mag and my daisy red rider bb-gun.
Yeah, along with my Model 742 .30-06, my 12 ga. Model 870, and my 20 ga. Win Model 370 Jr., the scumbags also took my grandfather's .22 Remington bolt action, my dad's 16 ga., bolt action, and my deceased brother's Marlin Model 60. Stuff with sentimental value far beyond the insurance settlement...