Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage 220 or the H&R

Old 12-19-2010, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Savage 220 or the H&R

Trying to pick a slug gun. I really just am having trouble deciding. Any opinions or help would be great.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been hunting with the H&R Deluxe in 20ga for the last 4 years and its a tack driver, I love it !!!!

I just purchased the Savage 220f and will be sighting it in this spring, both are topped off with Leupold VX-II 3-9x40
Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 AM
Spike

I just got the H&R Ultra Slug with a thumbhole stock... it is an exellent gun. IMHO you cant go wrong with either gun so it came down to price for me... the H&R was hundreds cheaper witch ment more $ for a scope. If 1 shot is all you will need the H&R will suffice if you need to shoot the deer 3 times get a savage.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no experience w/ the Savage...but 2 guys I bowhunt with are really in love with theirs.

Either gun will shoot....It's up to you.