Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Early Christmas Gift...

Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Early Christmas Gift...

Treated myself to an early Christmas gift Friday. I'm planning to get my concealed carry license soon, and needed something a little lighter than my P14-45. Stopped at Bass Pro to pick up my buddy for a weekend deer hunt, and they had a stainless slide Sig P238 on the shelf. I couldn't resist... I wanted a small, easily concealable single action pistol, and this is the only single action .380 on the market.
Attached Thumbnails Early Christmas Gift...-p238-tt.jpg  
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Nice, but that just looks awkward and uncomfortable to hold.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Nice, but that just looks awkward and uncomfortable to hold.
I consider myself as having "medium-sized" hands, and the P238 isn't uncomfortable to me at all. Maybe a bonus, but it seems to be every bit the natural pointer that its big brother, my P220 Carry, is.

My only gripe is that it's a little tricky to field-strip. Watch that you don't let the ejector arm drop into the mag well when you're reinstalling the slide. It'll rotate if you're not careful and will not come back up until you remove the mainspring, grips, and fiddle with putting it all back together again. SIG recommends you take it back to a 'smith to reassemble should that happen, but they did send me a .pdf that along with a set of punches and drivers got mine up and running again.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good deal. Should be the cats meow. Congrats.