Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Winchester 300 Mag - Very Few Rounds through it

Old 11-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Spike

Default Winchester 300 Mag - Very Few Rounds through it

I recently purchased a Win 300 mag used. The guy I got it from has had it a few years & got it from a friend who only sighted it in & hunted once with it. Total this gun has less than 1/2 a box of rounds through it... 7 total from what I was told.
There are a few nicks in the stock but overall the gun is in good shape.

Since I bought it, I have not used it but have instead decided that some recent bills are more important than keeping the gun.

Included is:
Bolt action Winchester 300 Mag
3x9 Scope
Hard Case
1 1/2 boxes of 150g ammo

Looking to get $750 + Shipping
Attached Thumbnails Winchester 300 Mag - Very Few Rounds through it-1105001748.jpg   Winchester 300 Mag - Very Few Rounds through it-1105001750.jpg   Winchester 300 Mag - Very Few Rounds through it-1105001751.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Editing note--This topic was moved to the classified section where people looking to buy/sell items frequent.
CalHunter
Old 11-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Spike

Default oops

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Editing note--This topic was moved to the classified section where people looking to buy/sell items frequent.
CalHunter
My bad
thank you
Old 11-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Spike

LL Outdoors,
That is a very nice looking rifle but it might be easier to sell if you would mention that it is a Mauser 98 sporter. I can't tell if it is a commercial 98 or a military 98, but some of those details would help sell it in my opinion. I am not knocking you or the rifle as I am a Mauser nut and this looks like a good one!!
Ken

After more looking, I think it is a Parker Hale Mod. 1200 or something like that!!
That would make it a commercial Mod 98 and a nice one at that!!

Last edited by kennymauser; 11-09-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 11-10-2010, 04:01 AM
Spike

Default gun questions

Originally Posted by kennymauser
LL Outdoors,
That is a very nice looking rifle but it might be easier to sell if you would mention that it is a Mauser 98 sporter. I can't tell if it is a commercial 98 or a military 98, but some of those details would help sell it in my opinion. I am not knocking you or the rifle as I am a Mauser nut and this looks like a good one!!
Ken

After more looking, I think it is a Parker Hale Mod. 1200 or something like that!!
That would make it a commercial Mod 98 and a nice one at that!!
I don't know much about that. I had gotten it so I could have a gun to go elk, deer, etc. hunting with. All I know is that it's a 300 winchester mag. If there is a way to tell more details about it, please let me know & I'll check serial #s etc and answer any/all questions I can about it.
Thanks for the information tho. I wish I knew the answers to them.

LLO
Old 11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Spike

If it is a Parker Hale, it should have that on the barrel or action. Also Made in England--Birmingham I think. Most of the information should be on the barrel forward of the Caliber stamp.
If it is another rifle in a Parker Hale stock, it should have something on the side of the action.
If you had some close-up pics of the action alone, a prospective buyer might be able to tell more also..
Looking at the left side of the action will tell if it is a commercial action or converted military!!
Ken
Old 11-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Spike

Default More info...

Originally Posted by kennymauser
If it is a Parker Hale, it should have that on the barrel or action. Also Made in England--Birmingham I think. Most of the information should be on the barrel forward of the Caliber stamp.
If it is another rifle in a Parker Hale stock, it should have something on the side of the action.
If you had some close-up pics of the action alone, a prospective buyer might be able to tell more also..
Looking at the left side of the action will tell if it is a commercial action or converted military!!
Ken
Left side of barrel & action:
MARKETING UNLIMITED.INC.YAKIMA.WASH
MADE IN AUSTRIA BY VOERE

p-60264
cal. 300 WIN MAG.

Top center in front of action:
MO. 3000
some goofy lettering: TURAL??? IDK what it says, sorry.

Right side of barrel & action:

LAUFSTAHL 3

Does this info help???

After looking more closely this gun has got more than 7 rounds through it... it's just got too many marks on stock & even a few near the action for it to be only 7 rounds old...
Old 10-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Spike

Default Looking for info

I tried reading some posts from waay back and they are all deleted... this is a trial.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Spike

LL Outdoors; I did a little research on the info you provided a Google search for Austria Voere manufactured rifles, provided this topic, as well as others, http://sporteque.ca/category.php?id_category=67.
Wikipedia also has a small informative description on the company.
The rifle is based on the original 98 mauser action, and as you can see comes in several models. The company is based in Austria since 1965 I believe it said. It originally started as a West German Co in 1948.
I woud venture to say they are probally on par with the Parker Hale Husqvarna perhaps Whitworth/ Interarms, just a somewhat educated guess on this comparison.
Do some more research for more in depth reviews on Voere rifles. I believe it is a quality bolt action mauser based rifle. I have no actual experience with this rifle manufacture.

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 11-27-2012 at 01:37 AM. Reason: spelling correction