Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new gun

Old 10-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'll leave you to your vices. Just don't cry foul when Walmart runs everyone out of business and then dictates to the customer what they should and shouldn't buy. Case in point, explicit lyric music albumns. Walmart for most of their existence didn't carry them.

As far as Walmart providing benefits, Walmart is the largest consumer of Medicaid and Medicare in the entire country. Some 20 years ago they were a 10,000,000,000, that's 10 Billion dollar line item against the federal government. To clearly illustrate that means that a significant proportion of their employees live below the poverty line and qualify for those benefits. I'd hate to think what that expense is today.

I won't respond to this again since I think I'm already way over the line on this post since it has nothing to do with the original posters comments.

Tom
Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk
Well I'll leave you to your vices. Just don't cry foul when Walmart runs everyone out of business and then dictates to the customer what they should and shouldn't buy. Case in point, explicit lyric music albumns. Walmart for most of their existence didn't carry them.

As far as Walmart providing benefits, Walmart is the largest consumer of Medicaid and Medicare in the entire country. Some 20 years ago they were a 10,000,000,000, that's 10 Billion dollar line item against the federal government. To clearly illustrate that means that a significant proportion of their employees live below the poverty line and qualify for those benefits. I'd hate to think what that expense is today.

I won't respond to this again since I think I'm already way over the line on this post since it has nothing to do with the original posters comments.

Tom
I can buy explicit lyrics CD's, or pretty much anything I want that Walmart doesn't carry online and those online shops are in no danger of going out of business anytime soon.

We also have a local cd shop that's great. They are still in business even after Walmart. The reason is that they treat customers very very well, and they have decent prices. Now they aren't always as cheap as Walmart. A CD that's $13 at Walmart may be $14 at the local shop, but it's not double the price either.

If gun shops would operate like that and offer great service, decent prices, and a friendly staff, they wouldn't be run out of business by places like Walmart either.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk
Homer,

Sorry I just can't let this go. I worked for a direct supplier for Walmart for 6 years. I was pretty high up the ranks and was privy to quite a bit of information. I assure you 100% that the prices will move up once they run the mom & pops out of town. I know this because for the company I worked for I devised the statistical methodology that set the pricing tiers. This was mandated by Walmart.

Am I proud of the work I did? No. But if I didn't do it then some other jerk would have done it.

If you can't find a local seller that has reasonable prices then buy online and find yourself a local FFL that deals at a reasonable cost. I have guy locally that charges $15 to receive and $25 to ship. If you look hard enough you'll find the same.

Trust me on this one. Don't shop at Walmart. They are unreasonable in their business practices.

Here's one last thing I'll leave you with. Walmart will rarely buy from one distributor. They like to have a minimum of two. The Walmart policy is that a distributor must sell them the product cheaper than they sold it to them last year or the product must come with a value add. They play the distributors against each other with this game. Many of these distributors operate at a loss and generally find ways to degrade the product. They have agreements and if they violate those agreements with Walmart, they will get contacted by the lawyers. Fun stuff, I know all about this.

I'll leave this dog lie now unless you choose to rebut anything I've said.

Tom

....... Woah!! That just hit a nerve!! Wonder if what Tom is talking about (multiple distributors and cheaper next year) could be what spawned the 710/770 Remingtons? Hmmm.....
Old 10-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

it doesnt have an acui-triger but i can hit a one in. diamter circle at 150 yard. the only bad thing is that the triger has a very light pull poundage
Old 10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dejager
it doesnt have an acui-triger but i can hit a one in. diamter circle at 150 yard. the only bad thing is that the triger has a very light pull poundage
I was wondering when this thread was going to get back on topic. Sounds like you have an accurate gun that you like, that's all that matters. There's nothing wrong with a light trigger as long as all the safety rules are followed. Congrats on your new rifle and good luck with it this deer season.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

First of all the Mfg's aren't going to send rejects to walmart. How ridicules. LIke remington is going to send all their crappy Corelokts to walmart and savage all their junk guns as well. Sorry, but i will buy where i get a good fair price. I once found a Win m70 for $999 at a gun shop. Loved the gun, but found it for $799 at a big box store. Tell me why i would pay $200 difference just so i can say i bought at a gun store? i can probably deal with $20-$30 more but this is just plain wrong.

Either way, once again, you got a good deal. I have a couple of savages now, each shoots great and guess what? one came from walmart. My latest from Cabelas.