Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Glocks & Reloads...

Old 07-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glock is certainly a handgun that I am interested (G22) in, however to be able to shoot the volume of cartridges that I do I reload. It seems silly to have to buy a replacement barrel for a quality piece in order for it to be safe.

Thanks for the link to Barsto, bigcountry. They don't give those barrels away either do they.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:22 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Antler Eater
Glock is certainly a handgun that I am interested (G22) in, however to be able to shoot the volume of cartridges that I do I reload. It seems silly to have to buy a replacement barrel for a quality piece in order for it to be safe.

Thanks for the link to Barsto, bigcountry. They don't give those barrels away either do they.
Wilson combat sells another one, I hear good things about. I had to get the barsto fitted. another 60 dollars at the smith. But holy cow, its a competition gun now. No joke. The tolerances are so tight on the barsto, however, I wouldn't trust it for chucking out large amounts of bang bang in a hostile situation.

Just an FYI.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The tolerances are so tight on the barsto, however, I wouldn't trust it for chucking out large amounts of bang bang in a hostile situation.
...I hear you on those tolerances...too much of a good thing could come back to bite a guy I guess. I have a similar issue with a Volquartsen 10/22...

Bigcountry, you are a wealth of information, I enjoy reading your posts no matter the topic....Thanks...
Old 07-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could also check out Lone Wolf Distributors for replacemant barrels.