Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hornady Light Magnum cartridges - as good as they seem?

Old 07-03-2003, 12:37 AM

Default RE: Hornady Light Magnum cartridges - as good as they seem?

I have two 30-06 rifles, a Savage model 116FCSAK and a Remington 700 BDL. The Light mag' s shoot great in the Remington but not accurately in the Savage. I have shot 4 elk, 6 deer and a mountain goat with the 180 grain light mags and they did great. Every one held together great. I just wish they shot better in my Savage.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:00 PM
bigcountry

After trying the light mags, I called the company. Told me to send whats left of the bullets back. i did and they sent me out the same old light mags. Thought I might have gotten lucky and they send me some customs. But still got the same old ammo just day before yesterday. So while at the range, i sold them for 13 dollars. The guy was so happy cause he got a 25 dollar box of ammo for 13 dollars. Then he shot them and came back and said I sold him junk. Told him they was what he asked for. After 8 rounds, he wanted his money back, so I gave him back 6 dollars and took the 12 rounds. I will try them again.

Old 07-04-2003, 08:12 PM

what i discovered about the light mags was that many were old boxes.it appeared they had been left over and then sent out. hornady did the same to me when sending another box. i encountered approx 2 hotloads out of every box. some even felt as if they were under powered.hornady admitted they were having probs and even admitted they did not even load their own ammo. when asked how they could assure quality control this way they said it was up to the other company.