Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Marlin Xl7C 7mm-08

Old 03-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Spike

Default Marlin Xl7C 7mm-08

I just bought the Marlin Xl7C 7mm-08 for my daughter & I wanted to know wich ammo to use.Alot of the reviews are leaning towards the Prvi Partizans 140gr.If this is the best ammo for it,where would I get the best deal?P.S.She will be hunting whitetails with it.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are tons of choices. You need to try a few brands and see what fires best in that individual weapon. Plain old Federal Blue Box (Power Shok) shoots well for my wife (in her Ruger Compact). Check Midway USA out as a possible source.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Spike

Default Marlin xl7c

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
There are tons of choices. You need to try a few brands and see what fires best in that individual weapon. Plain old Federal Blue Box (Power Shok) shoots well for my wife (in her Ruger Compact). Check Midway USA out as a possible source.
Thanks for your help.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can vouch for Prvi being very good ammo. Both of my 08's love it... the deer didnt like it that much tho Performs about like a Core-Lokt on deer. While I dont know thats its the "best" ammo... for the price it does a FINE job.