Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

enfield mk 4 no 2?

Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default enfield mk 4 no 2?

Is it possible to adjust the trigger on those old .303s? Its got a little slop and deffinately needs the pull lowered. Got one that's just sitting in the safe I bought when I was 15 and thought about getting the aftermarket stock for it if the trigger could be worked on.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned

That's half the fun of shooting them! I have a MK IV that my father bought off a pallet at a hardware store when he was a kid. I think he spent $30 or $40 for it. Open sighted groups @ 100 yds were always impressive, even with the ugly trigger.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Lol well its tough to get used to when ur used to a crisp two lb trigger on a model 700...not that I'm trying to compare.just converting to a hunting rifle maybe. I hear the canuks like em lol
Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

Evidently some Canuck conned Ruger into making #1's chambered in 303 Limey.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some things should just be.....because....

HA
Old 03-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

depending on how much your willing to spend you can get some very nice adjustable triggers or even the entire trigger group exchanged. parker hale had made one of the best triggers for enfields but they are now out of production. the very best ive yet to try is the Knolton precision drop in trigger. it uses a double ball bearing contact face and both bearings adjust to shorten both the first and second stage independently. but alas the knolton is also nearly out of production so you will be looking at a $150 price tag for just the drop in version. the next best thing might be a huber concept trigger but it lacks the independent adjustments and the ball bearings dont actually roll on the huber.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Lol I knew u Canadians would chime in. I think illl leave it as is for now. I have some other things that need to get done before I put much effort in it.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

It's a Ruger 1 A and it will be available for the US too.After all they made the #3 in 30-40 Krag didn't they? As well as the 1895 in .303 British and 7.62x54R once upon a time.I'm after H+R to offer .303 in their SS with a extra .410 barrel...........They shoot MOA and not everyone can afford a #1............I have a 1950 Longbranch and a Parker Hale #4 sporter as well......................Harold
Old 03-25-2010, 05:59 AM
Spike

Hiya Guys,

This old limey owns a sporterised no4 enfield,and i like the way the old girl shoots,she will never shoot a one hole group but she has kept my freezer topped up over the years.The only draw back with her is that the when reloading for her,i find that the cases start to split on the third reload,apart from that no worries.
Regards,
chinese water deer.