Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tc Icon precision hunter

Old 03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Spike

Default Tc Icon precision hunter

I have a thompson center icon Precision hunter in 22-250 And i love it. It shoots great groups and is Very accurate. Does Anyone ELse have any opinions on the gun?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hogtiming
I have a thompson center icon Precision hunter in 22-250 And i love it. It shoots great groups and is Very accurate. Does Anyone ELse have any opinions on the gun?

I have been considering one of the weathershield models in 308 or 7mm Rem Mag. They look to be really well built.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am interested in that rifle.....

Why don't you give us a "field review" of your experience with this firearm? I would love to hear it. How is that "new" style of rifling working for you. What ammo does it like. Did you have to special order it....Cost (doesn't have to be exact)? What is the trigger like? What bolt came with yours? Etc.....
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does it really shoot less than MOA?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Spike

This gun has killed several yotes 17 since august. I mainly use shougun. It is the most accurate gun i have ever shot besides Benchrest guns. i can take this gun and bust eggs at 338 yds. It shoots with factory ammo .6 MOA and with reloaded ammo .25, .3 sometimes 5 shots in 1 hole depends on the day. It weighs i think 8 pds with a heavy 22in fluted barrel and a laminated Stock with a cork handle grip. The gun is short but very accurate. Its tough in the field holds up to all the test I have given it. It cost 950 when I bought it and they had a 150 dollar rebate I got also. I bought it when it first come out in august. It really like 52 gr bullets. Any more questions just ask. here are some pixs has a nikon monarch 6-24-50 on it
Attached Thumbnails Tc Icon precision hunter-gun.jpg   Tc Icon precision hunter-tsc.jpg   Tc Icon precision hunter-bar.jpg  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the looks of the rifle.

How is the trigger?

Does it come with more than one bolt? Is the the bolt in the picture the "round" one (not the "butter knife")?
Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Spike

It just comes with one bolt. but they say you can buy different ones. the trigger goes down to 3 lbs i wish it was more. i may put a half pound trigger on it but i like a touchy trigger
Old 03-21-2010, 02:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default t/c icon

i just luv that rifle i have a nikon buckmaster mounted on , and after i broke the barrel in im shootin almost thru the same holes at a 100 , i think im totally im pressed with it ,mines a 308 as for the trigger its one of the best in my barn,i had ordered it way back in 07 because i heard so much about the rifle, i wanted one of the first 100 made. mines # 87 i cant see anyone ever going wrong with a icon the best thing of all it luvs remington core lokts go figure that !

Last edited by polaris754; 03-21-2010 at 02:34 AM.