Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How do I tell.....

Old 01-26-2002, 08:21 PM
Spike

Default RE: How do I tell.....

So a shell can be hi-brass and still be non-magnum? I was wondering about that because I've seen buckshot loads that didn't say magnum but had hi-brass. Thanks for all your help guys!
J-hunter
Old 01-26-2002, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

J-hunter I believe the high brass thing is a hold over from when they made paper cases and not plastic . In todays shotgun shell its just cosmetic . The Alcan shell was all plastic and could be loaded as hot as any mag . They do make a 2 3/4" magnuum load and that is what they are saying not to use in that barrel . They do mark them on the side of the shell .
Old 01-26-2002, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes hish brass arent magnums...but i still wouldnt shoot it outa that gun...bein it ses non magnum and high brass is more than a standard load...

mauser06
Old 01-26-2002, 09:02 PM
Spike

Ok guys thanks, that answers my questions pretty well. This is my only shotgun, but I don't really need magnum loads because I don't duck or turkey hunt, this is mainly a dove, squirrel, rabbit, varmint, and possibly coyote (one of these days) gun.
J-hunter
Old 01-26-2002, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

for yotes id say you need magnums...and depending on wut you mean by varmints..i duno if that gun will shot buckshot safely or not...i always thought buckshot had to be a magnum load coz of what it has to move..but i duno i hope sum1 else does have the answer for you..

mauser06