Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Alaskan Ti Model 700

Old 02-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Default Remington Alaskan Ti Model 700

Whats the scoop on this rifle? Anyone had luck with it? Seeing as nobody has heard poop about the Model 70 Synthetic jobs yet.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...laskan-ti.aspx
Old 02-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I don't think it's worth the extra money. Yeah it's lighter and stronger but is that really worth an extra $1500+? Plus it's pillar bedded and in order for you to maintain that accuracy you'll need to get it rebedded every so many rounds.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Personally, I don't think it's worth the extra money. Yeah it's lighter and stronger but is that really worth an extra $1500+? Plus it's pillar bedded and in order for you to maintain that accuracy you'll need to get it rebedded every so many rounds.
Perhaps I'm missing something in what you mean, but you do NOT need to re-bed a pillar bedded rifle every so many rounds to maintain accuracy. I have bedded all but one of my centerfire rifles, thousands of rounds, as accurate and tight in the stock as ever. Pillar bedding (typically done with epoxy or glass bedding) is as permanent as can be and an excellent way to maximize the accuracy potential of any bolt gun.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 AM
bigcountry

Plus it's pillar bedded and in order for you to maintain that accuracy you'll need to get it rebedded every so many rounds.

Not being confrontational, but why do you think this? I myself like pillar bedding and glass bedding the recoil lug area. It litterly last the life of the stock. Its aluminum pieces glued in the stock.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Plus it's pillar bedded and in order for you to maintain that accuracy you'll need to get it rebedded every so many rounds.
Ummm...WHAT?? Care to explain...??
Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

I'd like to hear that one too..
Old 02-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anxiously awaiting....lol.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay fellas. Maybe our standards for accuracy are a little higher than most. Or maybe the way we do our sniper rifles in the USMC is overkill. But every so many rounds (can't remember exactly how many right now) our M40A1-M40A5 sniper rifles have to re-bedded. It's part of the scheduled preventive maintenance checks and services PMCS for these rifles. Epoxy and glass bedding is used for this process. I am no gunsmith and was basing my comment on what Marine Corps Gunsmiths are required to do with our precision rifles in order to maintain our standards for accuracy.

I'll ask the Sgt that works for me when he gets back from class. He's our gunsmith and he'll be able to shed more light on this.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I checked with my Sgt and he confirmed what you guys are saying. Once the aluminum pillars are bedded with Marine-Tex they don't need anything freshened up later down the road. He said that the action gets glass bedded every 3,000 rounds or so but other than that it doesn't need to be re-bedded.

I stand corrected. Thanks for keeping me straight fellas.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:44 AM
Banned

I won't be disagreeing with the USMC...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.