Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need 2 gunstocks

Old 01-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need 2 gunstocks

A friend just bought a decent 1896 Krag-Jorgensen 30-40 Krag, but it needs a replacement stock. Someone added a pistol grip to the original, and it needs to be put back to original.
........Also, I'm still searching for a nice orig. Fox Sterlingworth stock in 12 ga. with no cracks or repairs. A 1919 production.

......Anyone out there who can help with either or both of these?? Would be appreciated...

Last edited by Pawildman; 01-21-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check gunbroker.com
I didn't see any for the Krag but there are a couple for the Fox Sterlingworth
Old 01-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
Check gunbroker.com
I didn't see any for the Krag but there are a couple for the Fox Sterlingworth
.........Thanks....will check it out.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pawildman
A friend just bought a decent 1896 Krag-Jorgensen 30-40 Krag, but it needs a replacement stock. Someone added a pistol grip to the original, and it needs to be put back to original.
........Also, I'm still searching for a nice orig. Fox Sterlingworth stock in 12 ga. with no cracks or repairs. A 1919 production.

......Anyone out there who can help with either or both of these?? Would be appreciated...
Has the barrel on the Krag been shortened? Just being nosey, my dad has one but the barrel was shortened and different sights installed. The stock is original I believe and in nice shape. The actions on those things are smooth as butter aren't they?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Camosteel
Has the barrel on the Krag been shortened? Just being nosey, my dad has one but the barrel was shortened and different sights installed. The stock is original I believe and in nice shape. The actions on those things are smooth as butter aren't they?

..........I haven't seen the gun yet, just understand what I've been told about it....but I'm under the impression that the barrel has not been cut, and is original in all manner except for the pistol grip addition. I want to get over and take a look ASAP.

.........As for the smoooooth action, you're right. Those old Krags are something else.I can't remember....do they kokk on closing??
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pawildman
..........I haven't seen the gun yet, just understand what I've been told about it....but I'm under the impression that the barrel has not been cut, and is original in all manner except for the pistol grip addition. I want to get over and take a look ASAP.

.........As for the smoooooth action, you're right. Those old Krags are something else.I can't remember....do they kokk on closing??
I'm not sure if they kock on closing or not. I don't think his Krag has been shot in over 30 years. I've cleaned it for him since I was a pup but I never did shoot it. If I remember correctly I think he has some original ammo boxes for it too. I'm gonna have to get over there and do some digging.