Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

2010 Browning X Bolt rifle

Old 01-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Spike

Angry 2010 Browning X Bolt rifle

2010 x bolt's are up on there website. 13 different variations of the rifle and NONE in left hand. They are losing a sale with me. Who else? The search for left handed rifles is pretty frustrating.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

Look at Craig Bottington, isn't he usually shooting a right handed Ruger. Not that I care for either him or the gun....
Old 01-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I feel sorry for you left handers out there. Problem with Browning A Bolt and X Bolt is there is a palm swell in the grip which makes it pretty much a right handed gun, or a really really awkward left handed gun. They are such nice rifles.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could always get a Ruger #1. LOL.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Spike

I shoot left handed, but don't like left handed bolt guns. I have an x-bolt and have no problems at all shooting it left handed. I grew up with a bolt action 22 and got so used to the right handed bolt that a left hand just feels foreign to me. What I really like about Browning is the tang mounted safety. great for left handers.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

I take that back after looking again, my synthetic stocked stainless steel A Bolt has the palm swell but the older .308 doesn't have one. I got it used and think it is a Micro Hunter model since it has a 20" barrel on it. The tang safety would be a convenience for lefties for sure.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Get an A-Bolt, they're nicer than the X-Bolt and they come in left hand (I've got a couple), .......... of course now that I think of it, it took me a year to get it, oh well.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by caper33
2010 x bolt's are up on there website. 13 different variations of the rifle and NONE in left hand. They are losing a sale with me. Who else? The search for left handed rifles is pretty frustrating.
There's a left handed A-Bolt in 7mm Mag on the Gun/Classified section of this site, check it out.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ol'Mongo
Get an A-Bolt, they're nicer than the X-Bolt and they come in left hand (I've got a couple), .......... of course now that I think of it, it took me a year to get it, oh well.

What makes the A better than the X?
Old 01-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ol'Mongo

That is really your opinion. What is better for you may not be for someone else. I do not care for the way an A Bolt feels when I shoulder it. However when I shoulder the X Bolt it feels better. There are also improvements to the X Bolt that many feel are worthwhile. I personally like the magazine and the bolt unlock that the X Bolt offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.